Notices

Posts: 239 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by D.Cent View Post
I have just paid my account for 0,79€ via PayPal and it clearly stated it was one year i would buy additionally to my remaining time until 17th May.

However, after paying and re-registering my account in Wazapp, it says the account expires on 17th May 2015 - so two years have been added.

Is that a bug in Wazapp or did WhatsApp accidently increase my expiration date by one year too much?
just be happy but could you tell me how you did it? i guess me account will expire on 17th may 2013 so i would like to know how to buy it for another 12 month... do i need another phone with android or iOS and do i have to reregister?

as i guess there will be a lot of questions about this in a few week when wazapp has it's first birthday a how-to would be nice...

Posts: 494 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Finland
There's little problem, again. I can't add any people to a group i have already created. And i'm not the only one with that problem..

Posts: 376 | Thanked: 257 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by Timpaxi View Post
There's little problem, again. I can't add any people to a group i have already created. And i'm not the only one with that problem..
That's a well known bug in the current version. You have to wait for the real update, 9.20 was only a quick fix for media.

Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by dexterous21 View Post
but still the same problem.. i uninstalled and installed it after deleting it ... pls reply .. ASAP
How about reading some pages back and you will notice that purging Wazapp could be your solution?!
How to purge Wazapp?
Read the last few pages and take a look into Wiki...

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by snooky View Post
just be happy but could you tell me how you did it? i guess me account will expire on 17th may 2013 so i would like to know how to buy it for another 12 month... do i need another phone with android or iOS and do i have to reregister?

as i guess there will be a lot of questions about this in a few week when wazapp has it's first birthday a how-to would be nice...
No, you can do it in your Desktop browser
Just follow the instructions from this post: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=9399

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by dexterous21 View Post
pls wat cud be the problem with wazapp 0.9.20 it crashes when i open it , nightly version 22 did the same b4 i downloaded 0.9.20 . reply asap
At least the nightly version apparently fails to launch if '/home/user/.wazapp' -folder doesn't exist.

So you could try this:
1) Completely purge Wazapp from your phone (read the instructions on how to do this from the wiki). WARNING! You will lose your conversations and media files send by other Wazapp users!
3) Restart your phone
4) Install the latest Wazapp (either the nightly version or the official version from openwhatsapp.org)
5) Create this following folder using the terminal: /home/user/.wazapp
6) Restart your phone
7) Try launch Wazapp

Or you could try also this:
A) Completely purge Wazapp from your phone (read the instructions on how to do this from the wiki). WARNING! You will lose your conversations and media files send by other Wazapp users!
B) Restart your phone
C) Install the latest OFFICIAL Wazapp version from openwhatsapp.org
D) Restart your phone
E) Try launch Wazapp
If it launches OK and you you wan't to use the nightly version, you can to this:
F) Uninstall Wazapp. Don't purge it! Just uninstall it.
G) Restart your phone
H) Install Wazapp's latest nighly version.
I) Restart your phone
J) Try launch Wazapp

If creating the /home/user/.wazapp -folder isn't enough, you can try creating these folder, though I'm not sure if it makes a difference:
/home/user/Mydocs/Wazapp/
/home/user/Mydocs/Wazapp/media
/home/user/Mydocs/Wazapp/media/audio
/home/user/Mydocs/Wazapp/media/imager
/home/user/Mydocs/Wazapp/media/videos
/home/user/Mydocs/Wazapp/media/contacts
/home/user/.cache/wazapp
/home/user/.cache/wazapp/contacts
/home/user/.cache/wazapp/profile
/home/user/.wazapp/v

And remember! When installing Wazapp, don't use the dpkg -command! It doesn't check whether all the needed dependencies are installed or not. Either use one of the fine file managers available at Nokia Store or install it using "apt-get install" -command.

Last edited by jtts; 2013-04-24 at 06:01. Reason: Fixing typos.

Since updating to 0.9.20 wazapp doesn't automatically reconnect when a network-connetion is re-established. Have to restart the app, which is a bit annoying since the app as we all know takes ages to start. any advice?

Originally Posted by greenstorm View Post
Since updating to 0.9.20 wazapp doesn't automatically reconnect when a network-connetion is re-established. Have to restart the app, which is a bit annoying since the app as we all know takes ages to start. any advice?
use nightky

where from?

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by greenstorm View Post
where from?
Really!?

How about reading a few last pages! Or, to be precise, the last two pages!

Last edited by jtts; 2013-04-24 at 23:22. Reason: Quick fix.

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp