Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
FYI I have fitted a few Nice systems.
I have never seen a IR version. AFAIK they're all RF.
Seen as IR doesn't like going through glass a remote that can't work from inside a car would but pointless.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by quailstorm View Post
I can confirm, that my Samsung TV sets are fully operateable with the new Samsung TV 2 keyset. Except previous channel feature, but that's not a problem.
Drat, most of my Samsung config files seem to be showing the same command for "previous channel" (both old and new). I'll have to take another look and see if I missed something.

Also my neighbour has a NEO TV. But I don't have any IR receiver for PC...

I there anything on the internet for GABA TV's?
Just as with NEO, I'm coming up empty on GABA. Possibly for a similar reason; on the www.gabatech.hu website, they say that they are a subsidiary of a corporation based in Shenzen, China. I'm not finding a Chinese "Gaba" so far though, so the Chinese name might be different...

don't forget Thomson air conditioner update
There are just no Thomson A/C config files anywhere that I can find.

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Ok so this isn't much to go off for a bug report but I will do my best to explain.

I have/had a Macro to navigate through the menus on my LG TV and select 30 minute sleep.

Somehow after playing about in the Roomba panel the macro changed itself so all the "Enter" options in the macro turned into "Clean".

I have no idea how to reproduce. I have tried deleting the macro and trying what I did again.

Have I found a bug?

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
The macros are, unfortunately, still a mess -- I've been putting off trying to get them cleaned up.

Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
Somehow after playing about in the Roomba panel the macro changed itself so all the "Enter" options in the macro turned into "Clean".
Hmm. This should not have been easy to do; the "Clean" key has a different value in a different keyset (and is using a different key name) from the "Enter" key... For it to go that wrong, something is very bad. My only guess right now would be that my code is tripping up over itself somewhere. I really need to give the entire macro subsystem a complete overhaul. I'll try to at least take a good look at it this weekend...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Hi folks, just a note here to say that I'm pushing up another build to the extras-devel repository. In this week's episode, we now have the favorites manager in Pierogi remembering the most recent panel collection chosen for each favorite keyset. As it turns out, implementing it really is easy; implementing it well, though, is a different story.

I'm using Qt's "QSettings" mechanism to persistently store the Pierogi settings. QSettings is a marvelous mechanism, and hides most of the grungy details of managing synchronization with the underlying storage system. And so, after a while, you begin to think you can do practically anything with it; but you can only push the mechanism so hard. I started hitting it pretty hard with all these panel collection updates, and the UI performance of Pierogi started to degrade noticeably...

Anyway, the bottom line is that after a lot of mucking around in the code, I've limited the performance damage to the point at which you choose a favorite on the left-hand menu. Sometimes you can switch between favorites as fast as normal; sometimes, though, it can pause for a significant amount of time, which I believe is QSettings trying to sync with the flash storage. I'll keep working on it, but I'm not sure whether I can improve it significantly; in the end it may be quicker to just remove this feature and go back to navigating to the panel collection you want...

Please tell me what you think! (Also, please tell me when you find bugs!)

Also in this release, another attempt to fix a protocol used by Strong, and a new keyset and panel for Sony Playstation 2/3 gamepad buttons.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 78 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Hungary
I don't know exactly whicj models of projectors do we use in my school, but I can confirm, that the BenQ works well with keyset 1a, and the Sanyo is uncontrallable. Sorry but it's hard to get information about the sanyo, it's at about 2,5m height, and teachers wouldn't be happy to see us using it with the D-pad while standing on a desk... But I will try.

The Following User Says Thank You to quailstorm For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by quailstorm View Post
the Sanyo is uncontrallable.
Ah, looking at my code, it seems that the only Sanyo projector keyset I've got right now is one I found in the LIRC collection. Checking the hifi-remotes site comes up with a half-dozen or so more; I'll get them into the next release.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
When will be on testing (then extras)?

It is stable this new versions?

Greetings.

Originally Posted by s4br0s0 View Post
Well, I've been informed that there is currently a problem with moving apps up to the extras repository, so I don't really know when that will be possible. I've still got some work I want to do before pushing it up, in any case.

I think the core functionality is fairly stable at the moment. The most significant issues right now, in my mind, are that (a) the macro system is only partly functional and probably in need of an overhaul, (b) the user interface needs some clean up work, and (c) the documentation is completely out of date. If the extras repository becomes available again, I'm thinking I will just temporarily back out the macro system and work on (b) and (c) in order to get a decent up-to-date version of Pierogi into extras...

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by s4br0s0 View Post

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=833
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=834

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber

The Following User Says Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:

Tags
infrared, pasta, remote, remote control