Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Belgium
Hi
i have backupmenu installled and i tried to use the ssh server option.
But i can't seem to make it work.. Is there a manuel somewhere or someone willing to explain?

i didn't broke anything yet, but i know i will in the future so i must be prepared

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by cure View Post
edit: Apparently I updated to PR1.3.1, which corrupted GPS functionality. Just did a restore again, without updating to 1.3.1, GPS works too now.
Fvck!. I thought the "official" conclusion was that there's no link between 1.3.1 and A-GPS (with supl.nokia.com) stopping working.

Can you confirm that you are using supl.nokia.com?

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
this for the N9 would be EPIC

If You could stop spamming (almost) every thread with this one-liner about N9, that would be much more "EPIC". You were asked to stop that childish behavior in many threads already, so You're either ignorant, or You doesn't even read answer - in both cases, I'm probably wasting my time, writing this. Oh, well...

---

Anyway, it won't happen, thanks to aegis. You should know that better - author of backupmenu is one of sad group infested by N950 virus. With some funny background - first time, they told him to GTFO, cause backupmenu was of no-interest to Nokians. Unfortunately, some ADHD lobbied for him, and he received critical virus in second attempt, so community lost capable coder.

The bright side is, that many even more capable ones are working on re-creating backupmenu using fbcon instead of ugly text2screen (and integrate it with recovery console mode), so probably, we're going to have better, updated alternative.

/Estel

// Edit

In case someone is little shocked - no disrespect meant in this post. Just honesty.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2011-12-07 at 03:01.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
The bright side is, that many even more capable ones are working on re-creating backupmenu using fbcon instead of ugly text2screen (and integrate it with recovery console mode), so probably, we're going to have better, updated alternative.

/Estel
Well, I wouldn't consider myself as belonging to the group you mention above, but in my case the conclusion (for now) is that Backupmenu is not really needed. Once you have a working recovery console, all you need is already there, namely: mount, dd and tar

Lately I haven't got much time but I'm still trying to solve a minor problem, which is major for me, i.e. the keyboard layout.

After that, my plan would be to maybe write a couple of scripts to work as a front-end for the above-mentioned tools. A "GUI" might be nice, but it's not really necessary IMHO.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
@cure check out the Sygic Thread, i believe i posted there the latest deb for v8.24
8.24 is mandatory for Maemo, as:
- they fixed the stupid "no 'Str.' street abbreviations and no special characters/diaereses allowed in contacts" behavior
- the segfaults seem gone so routing is stable, no program closes anymore
- minor fixes

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 63 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Stockholm, SW
YELP..!!

..i am installing backupmenu, (and bootmenu is a dependency, obviously). But for some reason, i DO NOT HAVE the backupmenu.item file in my bootmenu.d folder.

Can anyone spare their own file here in an attachment please..!?
;D

..sorry about dragging in such a ridiculous 'lil issue. :b

#n00b

My devicevolution: Seimens C2, Nokia 6600, Nokia 3230 (red & then black), Nokia 6630 ME, Nokia N73, Nokia N900

Please! Help.. anyone..

Even on repeated installs of backupmenu (from the terminal, from AppMan) the BackupMenu option Is NOT showing up on the bootscreen. What happened suddenly to the old backup menu that just came up when i powered my device up with the keyboard open..??

My devicevolution: Seimens C2, Nokia 6600, Nokia 3230 (red & then black), Nokia 6630 ME, Nokia N73, Nokia N900

Content of backupmenu.item is
Code:
. /usr/share/backupmenu/BackupMenuLauncher.item

The Following User Says Thank You to eight For This Useful Post:
It is a shame that there is only one "thanks" that i can click for your reply.

..thank you, eight!
You Sir, most certainly rock..!

Tags
backup, backupmenu, cssusupplement, max(useful), rescue-console, restore, system