Notices

Originally Posted by willi6868 View Post
Try to install Wazapp from Wazapp.im, sync contacts and install nightly again
Thanks for this advice, but initially I started with the Wazapp version from Wazapp.im. Since this version also had the issue with missing contacts, I switched to the nightly build. However, the problem still persits...

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2013 @ Malaysia
I recently made a new thread but i've yet to receive a response from anyone. So i figured i'd post it here since i think my wazzap is also messed up from this. This is the post:

Hey guys, first time posting here. So let me just guide you guys to what happened. First and foremost, i'm no programmer or anything. So i have little to no knowledge on using the terminal and its equivalent. But if you guide me step by step, i could probably do what is asked of me. I will try to be as detailed as possible, so bare with me if it's a little long.

I started getting this problem yesterday. I was just messaging with my friend through wazzap, when all of a sudden, non of my messages appeared on the screen. I kept on trying to send more, but it just wouldn't come up. So i uninstalled wazzap and tried reinstalling (and somehow had the urge to do a backup on the phone). After reinstalling, i noticed that all of my wazzaps contacts are gone and it couldn't sync to my phonebook. Chat thumbnails disappeared too and everyone's name went by their push name rather than the one's i gave to them in my phonebook.

Later on, when i checked my contacts and messages, they were all gone. I tried restoring from my recent backup, but it still wouldn't appear whereas when i use a backup from a few months back, it would work just fine. I would assume the contacts and messages are still in fact there in the backup, judging by the greater memory size difference to the old backup.

I've tried pretty much all of the tips and advices on here regarding this issue, even tried to work with the terminal following some of the instructions on the other threads, but i was only left disappointed with myself (and probably made things worse).

Please help if anyone has an idea on what else i could do. I've so many important contacts and messages added since the last backup from last september. Thank you in advance

[Edit] - If it matters, when i first uninstalled wazzap, some of the pictures in my gallery went missing, but after a few reboots, they reappeared. But now, all of the wazzap contacts thumbnails are gone, and when i receive a message, instead of the little wazzap icon on the standby screen and desktop, it's now a little red box.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY PHONE

Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ad29 View Post
I recently made a new thread but i've yet to receive a response from anyone. So i figured i'd post it here since i think my wazzap is also messed up from this. This is the post:

Hey guys, first time posting here. So let me just guide you guys to what happened. First and foremost, i'm no programmer or anything. So i have little to no knowledge on using the terminal and its equivalent. But if you guide me step by step, i could probably do what is asked of me. I will try to be as detailed as possible, so bare with me if it's a little long.

I started getting this problem yesterday. I was just messaging with my friend through wazzap, when all of a sudden, non of my messages appeared on the screen. I kept on trying to send more, but it just wouldn't come up. So i uninstalled wazzap and tried reinstalling (and somehow had the urge to do a backup on the phone). After reinstalling, i noticed that all of my wazzaps contacts are gone and it couldn't sync to my phonebook. Chat thumbnails disappeared too and everyone's name went by their push name rather than the one's i gave to them in my phonebook.

Later on, when i checked my contacts and messages, they were all gone. I tried restoring from my recent backup, but it still wouldn't appear whereas when i use a backup from a few months back, it would work just fine. I would assume the contacts and messages are still in fact there in the backup, judging by the greater memory size difference to the old backup.

I've tried pretty much all of the tips and advices on here regarding this issue, even tried to work with the terminal following some of the instructions on the other threads, but i was only left disappointed with myself (and probably made things worse).

Please help if anyone has an idea on what else i could do. I've so many important contacts and messages added since the last backup from last september. Thank you in advance

[Edit] - If it matters, when i first uninstalled wazzap, some of the pictures in my gallery went missing, but after a few reboots, they reappeared. But now, all of the wazzap contacts thumbnails are gone, and when i receive a message, instead of the little wazzap icon on the standby screen and desktop, it's now a little red box.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY PHONE

Surely someone with more knowledge can guide you better than I, but your problem sounds like it is more related to a messed tracker. Definetly more to that than wazzap. So in that regard your message is pretty much off topic here.

Have you tried searching problems related to tracker? Also, flashing your phone will most certainly fix your problem always, but understandable if you do not wish to do it before trying everything first

Originally Posted by Boxeri View Post
Surely someone with more knowledge can guide you better than I, but your problem sounds like it is more related to a messed tracker. Definetly more to that than wazzap. So in that regard your message is pretty much off topic here.

Have you tried searching problems related to tracker? Also, flashing your phone will most certainly fix your problem always, but understandable if you do not wish to do it before trying everything first
I'm sorry if it's off topic but i hope everyone can understand how desperate i am to regain my contacts and messages. I've tried most of the solutions i could find on here regarding the tracker issue, i'm pretty sure the wazzap red box appeared after i fiddled with the terminal. I think it's best that i get some advice on this rather than trying to solve it myself and end up screwing my phone up. I think flashing should probably be my last option, hopefully.

Here's the link to my thread i mentioned earlier. I hope someone can help me with this. Oh and i'm sorry if i broke any forum rules here. Really new to this.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...58#post1347758

Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
@ad29:
To fix the red square you just have to reboot your n9.
Try to delete your wazapp .db located in home/user/.wazapp
Btw you will loose all your Wazapp conversations

Hey guys, hope everyone is doing fine here.

I'm using Wazapp now for quite some time, normally always worked fine. Now here's my problem and I would like to know if anyone here can help me:

About a week ago, My N9 #1 had a reboot loop problem due to a issue with N9 QTweak. I flashed it, but in the meantime, just to have a phone to use, I got my Lumia 800. Installed WhatsApp there and used for some hours - it's amazing how WhatsApp for WP is just awful, huh?

After flashing, instead of going back to this N9, I decided to move again, now to another N9 I had. Uninstalled WhatsApp from Lumia 800 and tried to install Wazapp it on the N9 #2 (hope you're still following :-). The registration didn't work (fail too recent, mismatch, stale, etc etc).

I didn't care too much as it would probably be too soon anyway to move from devices so quickly. Well, to make a long story short, it's been a week and I still can't register Wazapp on my N9. I've waited almost 24 hours in the last try. Still, it says 'fail too recent retry after XXX'. Tried the voice solution, it says 'stale'. Tried 'everything failed try me' and no luck also.

I went for solutions. Went to the first N9 I used and completely purged Wazapp from there. Waited some time. The registration started, but the SMS NEVER arrived. As well as the call from WhatsApp, that never came.

I'm pretty sure I only have Wazapp on this N9 #2 I'm using. But it still won't register!! Some tries it sent the registration request, but the SMS code didn't arrive...

Can someone help me?? I'm about to give up and move to Lumia, leaving N9 era behind...(of course, until I have my Jolla on my hands...:-)

Originally Posted by elvisenna View Post
Hey guys, hope everyone is doing fine here.

I'm using Wazapp now for quite some time, normally always worked fine. Now here's my problem and I would like to know if anyone here can help me:

About a week ago, My N9 #1 had a reboot loop problem due to a issue with N9 QTweak. I flashed it, but in the meantime, just to have a phone to use, I got my Lumia 800. Installed WhatsApp there and used for some hours - it's amazing how WhatsApp for WP is just awful, huh?

After flashing, instead of going back to this N9, I decided to move again, now to another N9 I had. Uninstalled WhatsApp from Lumia 800 and tried to install Wazapp it on the N9 #2 (hope you're still following :-). The registration didn't work (fail too recent, mismatch, stale, etc etc).

I didn't care too much as it would probably be too soon anyway to move from devices so quickly. Well, to make a long story short, it's been a week and I still can't register Wazapp on my N9. I've waited almost 24 hours in the last try. Still, it says 'fail too recent retry after XXX'. Tried the voice solution, it says 'stale'. Tried 'everything failed try me' and no luck also.

I went for solutions. Went to the first N9 I used and completely purged Wazapp from there. Waited some time. The registration started, but the SMS NEVER arrived. As well as the call from WhatsApp, that never came.

I'm pretty sure I only have Wazapp on this N9 #2 I'm using. But it still won't register!! Some tries it sent the registration request, but the SMS code didn't arrive...

Can someone help me?? I'm about to give up and move to Lumia, leaving N9 era behind...(of course, until I have my Jolla on my hands...:-)
That's a known issue. The developers are working on it.

...need urgently help. Using wazapp 9.20 wasn't a problem until now: My group conversation fails to function. I do not see my written text in the body, I cannot read text written to me; the only thing visible for me is te header of a text i.e. the first 3 or 4 words. With the other (single) contacts I do not have any problem...Thanks for advice, hope, I do not annoy anybody.

Last edited by Fanny; 2013-06-01 at 20:40.

Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Fanny View Post
...need urgently help. Using wazapp 9.20 wasn't a problem until now: My group conversation fails to function. I do not see my written text in the body, I cannot read text written to me; the only thing visible for me is te header of a text i.e. the first 3 or 4 words. With the other (single) contacts I do not have any problem...Thanks for advice, hope, I do not annoy anybody.
I think your .db is corrupted.

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp