Originally Posted by danramos View Post
It is for someone who needed to know that before buying one just to come to the forums to be repeatedly told that they should have researched their purchase better before they bought one.
I guess so, but still find it disappointig as a "hands-on review".
Basically they found out that: feels good in hand, we don't like the lock screen, starts to crash with five apps open (?!). The rest could have been written by someone who has never seen the device. It's like they wanted to use this opportunity to state their opinion, but how the device actually handles is secondary.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RFS-81 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by mece View Post
the factory in Salo, Finland is currently making 3000 N9's per shift which means 9000 per day. They are still not making N9 at full capacity because they also make E7 there. N9 production is increasing. FYI.
who the hell buys symbianphones like E7? They should had replaced that peace of **** with N950 for those who still want hwkbd. (Not me anymore

two persons at my job have E7 and they dislike it cause of the crappy UI. After show my N9 they planning to replace iit by N9 LOL

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2011-10-19 at 19:50.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
No MicroSD and yet only 16/32GB native storage, wow, that's somewhat of a let-down:
http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/18/s...exus-hands-on/
Bump-to-share, & data monitor, I wonder if Engadget will remember to also praise that in their N9 review

Hmmm....
Might wait longer & see of another handset OEM does something better than Sammy for ICS.
Still looks excellent overall...
But I won't be surprised if another OEM releases something slightly more feature-packed.
And the Android UI still looks CRAP too me...

Saw a video about the new stuff of that phone and I am NOT impressed for a second.

I am glad I did buy N9 thats for sure... So damn simple write apps using QtCreator and Qt(QUick) or Python too. Now compare that too Android java crap SDK+eclipse that is a pain in the *** IMHO.

So again I dont BELEIVE why that asholes big bosses at Nokia was so damn religious too continue with the broken **** Symbian crap platform that make the company come too this ashole decisions at the end and in desperation go WP...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 270 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
who the hell buys symbianphones like E7? They should had replaced that peace of **** with N950 for those who still want hwkbd. (Not me anymore

two persons at my job have E7 and they dislike it cause of the crappy UI. After show my N9 they planning to replace iit by N9 LOL
Half the price, belle coming...

Originally Posted by ejasmudar View Post
If Nokia 800 is available widely, and hardware is identical to N9, will it be possible to port harmattan over to it?
...and pay Microshit for the device... now thats awesome. Now were back to PC market where you have too buy a laptop with Microsoft crap installed and then wipe it out from start...

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
...and pay Microshit for the device... now thats awesome. Now were back to PC market where you have too buy a laptop with Microsoft crap installed and then wipe it out from start...
Did Microsoft murder your family or something? God damn, we get it already. You don't like Microsoft.

The Following User Says Thank You to unfuccwittable For This Useful Post:
im actually more interested in the Nokia 800 now...losing that .2 screen size but gained back in faster processor, dedicated camera key and more apps.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
I don't think the lowest end ph's (703/800) are faster in terms of clock-speed.
Even if they are, a couple hundred mhz won't translate to anything in RW terms.
And they only had 512MB last I checked....

The Ace (900/1) may be noticeably faster in some applications.
But rumors point to it maybe not making it out this yr....
It'll have a large 4.5(?)" screen, but at still the same WVGA res, eeish.
I really don't get the huge kudos people are giving Nokia here...

You want a dedicated camera button....
Someone will remap the power button or volume keys so you can have one on the N9.
That's a relatively minor reason to want the 800....

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-10-19 at 21:15.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Originally Posted by ejasmudar View Post
If Nokia 800 is available widely, and hardware is identical to N9, will it be possible to port harmattan over to it?
Entirely different SoC (Qualcomm not TI).
I'm more interested in the possibility of porting Harmattan to the Nexus or Razr (see post above)
They use more recent TI OMAP SoC's than the N9.
But I imagine it'd be nigh on impossible...
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
No, just no.

Originally Posted by RFS-81 View Post
I guess so, but still find it disappointig as a "hands-on review".
Basically they found out that: feels good in hand, we don't like the lock screen, starts to crash with five apps open (?!). The rest could have been written by someone who has never seen the device. It's like they wanted to use this opportunity to state their opinion, but how the device actually handles is secondary.
I suppose you're right but isn't that sort of the point of a review? Try it out and share your opinion about how it works and how people expect the experience to be--especially from the perspective of a non-technical, but as well from a more technical point of view. Right? Given they laid this out, if you still bought it you should have nothing to complain about when you run into these problems.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Given they laid this out, if you still bought it you should have nothing to complain about when you run into these problems.
...but that's the point. They didn't lay it out. It was a terrible review: it was heavy on underinformed opinion, and light on anything in the way of facts or demonstration of the supposed flaws, whether real or perceived.

"Starts to crash with 5 apps open"? What starts to crash? The whole OS? Really? Or is the apps? Which apps? Is it reproducible? Who else has had this issue? More details please, or it's a lame review dripping with FUD.

Oh... nice bluescreen GIF, by the way. I'm not even a Star Trek fan (or is that guy from Deep Space 9?), but it's still funny as hell. I often miss seeing pics people post, because my office connection blocks free image hosts, but that one is so very pleasing.

Last edited by shallimus; 2011-10-19 at 23:09.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shallimus For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????