Notices

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
For those of you having issues, could you list off the version of Dialcentral? tethered, wifi, data (n900), etc? n8x0 or n900? Does the Messages Tab work?

Could someone provide a log?

As a note, for those jumping the gun and running out of extras-devel, 1.0.10 does have notifications broken

Posts: 708 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Too Close To D.C
Originally Posted by epage View Post
For those of you having issues, could you list off the version of Dialcentral? tethered, wifi, data (n900), etc? n8x0 or n900? Does the Messages Tab work?

As a note, for those jumping the gun and running out of extras-devel, 1.0.10 does have notifications broken
Messages Tab works, wifi, version 1.0.9-1, and N810-WE. Not able to make calls or receive notifications. Will pm you the file.

Last edited by heavyt; 2010-01-02 at 05:14.

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
Mrdally...Hadnt noticed any false positives... ive just decided to uninstall it and go with forwarding them to my email in google voice settings.

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
what's up with theonering? Installed it and can't see it in my menu or any of the accounts.

My main need for Google Voice is an SMS sending and alert function. Is there any alternative? I saw mention of a GV Alerter. Is it available for Fremantle, and will it work for what I'm needing? DialCentral just doesn't cut it for me.

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Central NY
If its just the missing area code, then hopefully that helps.

Otherwise, try running from the command line "python2.5 /usr/bin/dialcentral.py". That'll show a lot of debug messages which can help me in figuring out what is happening.
I can't get it to work on WiFi or T-mobile data connections. On T-mobile's data I get "There was a problem with GV:{'data':{'code':20}, 'ok': False}"

1.0.9.1 on N900 and n800.

Notifications don't seem to work on either. I've also noticed on the N900 that the SMS text can go off the screen. For example, I can SMS a friend and type a message but instead of wrapping in the box it just continues off the grid with no way to scroll. On the n800 it creates a scrollbar allowing you to scroll. Everything else seems to work (haven't tried Gizmo in a while though).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
1.0.9.1 on N900 and n800.

Notifications don't seem to work on either. I've also noticed on the N900 that the SMS text can go off the screen. For example, I can SMS a friend and type a message but instead of wrapping in the box it just continues off the grid with no way to scroll. On the n800 it creates a scrollbar allowing you to scroll. Everything else seems to work (haven't tried Gizmo in a while though).
Seconded about the text going off the screen. It also seems to murder my battery. Other than that though it works great, it's good to have a nice GV solution for Maemo.

The Following User Says Thank You to superhyper For This Useful Post:
Yes, I'll try and get to everyone else's comments soon.

Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
what's up with theonering? Installed it and can't see it in my menu or any of the accounts.
Please see the following posts

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=955
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=956
http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...ering/0.1.0-6/
http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...ering/0.1.0-7/

I'm kind of disturbed at the number of people who randomly install software from extras-devel without any kind of encouragement or endorsement of the author or having a previously working version of the same software implying some one-off changes might not destroy your device.

Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
My main need for Google Voice is an SMS sending and alert function. Is there any alternative? I saw mention of a GV Alerter. Is it available for Fremantle, and will it work for what I'm needing? DialCentral just doesn't cut it for me.
What about email notification?

What is wrong with Dialcentral's alerter as compared to GV Alerter? If its flakiness with alerting, it sounds like GV Alerter users are also being hit.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by superhyper View Post
Seconded about the text going off the screen. It also seems to murder my battery. Other than that though it works great, it's good to have a nice GV solution for Maemo.
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
I've also noticed on the N900 that the SMS text can go off the screen. For example, I can SMS a friend and type a message but instead of wrapping in the box it just continues off the grid with no way to scroll. On the n800 it creates a scrollbar allowing you to scroll. Everything else seems to work (haven't tried Gizmo in a while though).
After many people reported this, I've finally gotten a bug filed on it
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=7319

I've got a fix (and sped up contacts, and added a "History" tab filter, etc) in 1.0.10-3 which I just promoted to extras-testing (Maemo 5, still in extras-devel for Maemo 4.1)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 305 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ 'Nam
Well I must say this program works great for me. Saved me from importing my google voice contacts to my phone. And if I need to text someone I just fire up the app and text them or place a call. So far this app saves me from using google voice from the web. Hats off to you and this great program.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hotshot For This Useful Post: