Notices

Posts: 529 | Thanked: 262 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Eastleigh, Hampshire, UK
i was very impressed at how well it worked for me, and then surprised how it totally didn't work for my fiancee. turns out it was totally thrown by her glasses. when she took them off it detected her just fine. i suppose i was quiet impressed that the face detection was detecting specifically enough for that to be a problem.

still very cool.
Check out Witter, a twitter client for N900
http://danielwould.wordpress.com/witter

If Witter isn't working for you, eg crashes/doesn't start, gives errors etc etc. Please run it from x-term using:
run-standalone.sh python2.5 /opt/witter/witter.py

This will generate diagnostic output. Without this I cannot help you.

The Following User Says Thank You to dwould For This Useful Post:
Posts: 77 | Thanked: 176 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hamburg, Germany
Originally Posted by dwould View Post
i was very impressed at how well it worked for me, and then surprised how it totally didn't work for my fiancee. turns out it was totally thrown by her glasses. when she took them off it detected her just fine. i suppose i was quiet impressed that the face detection was detecting specifically enough for that to be a problem.

still very cool.
That's strange. I also wear glasses, which is not a problem at all. Is there anything special about her glasses?

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Lancaster
Forgot to mention this.

My dark skinned friend tried it. It did bit work. This raises some troubling issues with some people.

There was a big affair recently in US with HP releasing a tracking web cam that worked only on white skinned people. The company got a lot of bad publicity for that.

Article:
http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/12/22/h...ams/index.html

Klen

The Following User Says Thank You to klen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by klen View Post
Forgot to mention this.

My dark skinned friend tried it. It did bit work. This raises some troubling issues with some people.

There was a big affair recently in US with HP releasing a tracking web cam that worked only on white skinned people. The company got a lot of bad publicity for that.

Article:
http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/12/22/h...ams/index.html

Klen
That's good to know, thanks! I think I'll have to mention that in my thesis.

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Melbourne
nice one will try soon...

i'am not a developer but imagine moving your head to swipe the desktop... or move your head up and down to scroll... omg..

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Originally Posted by BaKSo View Post
nice one will try soon...

i'am not a developer but imagine moving your head to swipe the desktop... or move your head up and down to scroll... omg..
lighting is important, i had trouble showing a friend outside under verandah..... inside worked better

The Following User Says Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
Good Job!

I get several questions when doing some similar project. I hope you could offer me the help.

I would like to use opencv on n900 (actually, i dont know whether you were using opencv in your code), but I get no idea how to port and install opencv library and header files to the device. Any idea?

Cheers.

The Following User Says Thank You to pta0007 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pta0007 View Post
Good Job!

I get several questions when doing some similar project. I hope you could offer me the help.

I would like to use opencv on n900 (actually, i dont know whether you were using opencv in your code), but I get no idea how to port and install opencv library and header files to the device. Any idea?

Cheers.
Sorry, I can't help you. I don't use OpenCV (at least not on the N900). So I've got no clue either.

Thanks a lot to everyone who has participated in the survey! I just closed it and now it's time to evaluate the results.
The game can still be downloaded though.

The Following User Says Thank You to jfk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 232 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Warren, MI, USA
Wicked cool game, I didn't have a lot of high hopes for it when I saw the screen shot, but after playing it I have to admit it's quite addicting and amazing to play. Great job on it!

The Following User Says Thank You to pagesix1536 For This Useful Post: