I recently and unfortunately got my N810 broken. the screen is shattered and the part the screen slides on is slightly bent. There is also some minor cosmetic problems on the back.

I really want to get it fixed, and I'm pretty sure thats out of the warranty, but I'm not sure(it is still within the 1 year warranty). If it is, does anyone know how much it would cost to get it fixed? Can is even be fixed? Would it be cheaper to just get a new one?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Warranty definitely doesn't cover physical damage.

Sounds bad, how about buying another used one with other bits broken and combining them to get one that works?

Really unless you plan to do the work yourself this sounds beyond economic repair.

sorry, you must be very sad - good excuse to upgrade to new shiny n900 though

The Following User Says Thank You to zarf For This Useful Post:
thats too bad!! aer you sure they wouldn't be able to fix it? If I had to buy a broken one and switch parts around, would that be too difficult?

Posts: 306 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Romania
i think is cheaper to buy one used device and replace your broken parts.
I will buy remaining parts if they are: 810 board, speaker assembly, back frame, etc
i can offer shiny new keyboard german layout

sorry, but I want to keep it and fix it.
any suggestions on where to get the parts?

also, what kind of screwdriver would I need? I've heard I would need a T6, but i'm not sure

Posts: 306 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Romania
slider
http://www.gerry-mobilfunk.de/cgi-bi...andy&sk=GM&sa=
display
http://www.gerry-mobilfunk.de/cgi-bi...andy&sk=GM&sa=

so this expensive parts lead me propose to buy a second hand device, split it in half, keep upper parts ( display module, slider etc ) and sell me the lower part of the device ( lower frame , board , speaker )
if you future think like that i'am here ( PM )

screws are T4
http://uk.farnell.com/ck-tools/t4877...orx/dp/1770218

Last edited by blue_led; 2010-04-23 at 22:23.

The Following User Says Thank You to blue_led For This Useful Post:
the top screen portion is the part thats broken

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by zarf View Post
sorry, you must be very sad - good excuse to upgrade to new shiny n900 though
I would personally not call the N900 an "upgrade" from the N810 - but to each his own
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to silvermountain For This Useful Post:
I have my first 810 on order. Used from ebay for $159. I'd say get another used one and save that one for spare parts.
Note: I looked at the N900 today. The screen is WAY too small. They keyboard is a little too small, I hear there is no kickstand (I didn't notice one) and that it doesn't have host usb (not sure how useful that is).
Overall, just because of the screen size, I wouldn't want the N900. It's also almost $600. It's not worth it for what it is.