Notices

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Accra,Ghana
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
...i would like to mention that Opera on Maemo was one of the reasons that i switched to Opera on the desktops too
funny thats d same thing here mate! opera browser seems faster on desktop than firefox...

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Exactly. Mozilla jumped the shark with Firefox quite some time ago. They are now where they forked from Netscape source; feature-creep, bloated overall package, constantly breaking extensions with their rapid release paradigm, and not listening to their (technical adept) users. Let's hope Opera won't go that route; actually what's nice is dynamic reloading of extensions, no restart required.

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ St. Paul, MN
IMO, once you get used to Opera on the desktop, it's hard to use FF anymore. Anytime I try a new version I find myself spending countless hours trying to find extensions for the usability Opera has out of the box.

I was using Opera Mini back in the days of my Moto razor and that got me started on the desktop version. Love it!

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 376 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Hungary
Been using desktop opera since version 5! I had to put up with ads in the titlebar, but that was the only browser with tabbed browsing back then.

@ohrn
many thanks for the last update fixing exactly the problems i reported in my latest posts some days ago!

Originally Posted by xes View Post
many thanks for the last update fixing exactly the problems i reported in my latest posts some days ago!
Well, I do read the forum, though I seldom have time to reply. So keep it coming!

Though I should warn you all that most feature requests have a low chance of being addressed since my area of expertise is in whats under the hood, I don't work on the user interface.

And Flash ain't happening either, so stop asking. The plug-in for Maemo is non-standard and I don't have the energy nor motivation to reverse engineer the changes they made to the API.

/ohrn

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ohrn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 85 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Berlin/Germany
Originally Posted by ohrn View Post
Well, I do read the forum, though I seldom have time to reply. So keep it coming!

Though I should warn you all that most feature requests have a low chance of being addressed since my area of expertise is in whats under the hood, I don't work on the user interface.

/ohrn
Who is working on the ui? Could you forward him the additional hotkey requests?
It should be easy for him to add some more hotkeys, please 8)

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 376 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Hungary
Originally Posted by ohrn View Post
And Flash ain't happening either, so stop asking. The plug-in for Maemo is non-standard and I don't have the energy nor motivation to reverse engineer the changes they made to the API.
How about redirecting flash videos to cutetube or a user defined other program (simply passing the link as commandline parameter)? That would be an easier substitute I guess.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zdanee For This Useful Post:
Using the new version (right now) and it works very well. thanks for this.

I have one suggestion: in the old versions I was able to select parts of the text in the text input field by HOLDING shift then pressing the left/right arrow buttons to select my text (then ctrl+c). could this be added again?

thanks again for the work ohrn

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by lonk View Post
I have one suggestion: in the old versions I was able to select parts of the text in the text input field by HOLDING shift then pressing the left/right arrow buttons to select my text (then ctrl+c). could this be added again?

thanks again for the work ohrn
Go to settings, advanced, opera keyboard, and set it to "never".

That should fix your problem!

Ohrn, are we getting a (new) build for Harmattan aswell?

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:

Tags
fast browser, opera