Posts: 6 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bangalore, India
Hi All,

I installed Debian to get open office on my N900. But decided to delete it, because it was working very slow. I deleted the Easy-deb-chroot from the application manager, then deleted the huge image file from the file manager. I connected my N900 to the computer and deleted some log files.

After that when I try to use the application manager, it is not working correctly, It shows " checking for updates" but is not able to check the updates and I get the error " action failed". I checked the logs and observed these below lines. I think I deleted something my mistake.
Could anyone please help.

hildon-application-manager 2.2.52.2
apt-worker: Ignoring version from wrong domain: gstreamer-tools 0.10.23-0maemo5+0m5
apt-worker: /var/lib/apt/lists/repository.maemo.org_extras_dists_fremantle_free_b inary-armel_Packages
apt-worker: Ignoring version from wrong domain: liboauth0 0.6.1-1
apt-worker: /var/lib/apt/lists/repository.maemo.org_extras_dists_fremantle_free_b inary-armel_Packages
apt-worker: Ignoring version from wrong domaiin: gstreamer0.10-tools 0.10.23-0maemo5+0m5

Thanks in Advance
Joby

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bangalore, India
I removed the battery and then restarted the device again. Its working now

But could anyone tell me what does the below lines mean. The log has these entries.

apt-worker: Ignoring version from wrong domain: liboauth0 0.6.1-1
apt-worker: Ignoring version from wrong domaiin: gstreamer0.10-tools 0.10.23-0maemo5+0m5

The Following User Says Thank You to jobyzjohn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Hmmm, can't give you an accurate answer but it sounds like it's trying to find the place where you originally dloaded the gstreamer tools from, and it's not valid any more? - or the package got removed?

Might be worth trying to update those packages?
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
i'm getting this error too now. i used to have the ukeyboard-update visible (which wouldn't install) and i know some of the applications i have installed from extras-devel are available as new versions. now, i don't see anything. "no new updates".

there is no obvious warning or error, but the log is full of "ignoring version from wrong domain"-messages for what seems to be each and every package in -testing. (i didn't see any such error for -testing and extras)

what is this? what's wrong?

Last edited by benny1967; 2010-03-30 at 16:18.

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
extras devel is having a moment today for a few people.
might be related to work some peeps are doing on it, not sure.
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
updated from the command line; worked. strange. app manager still throws these messages.... well. maybe thats why they call it -devel

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=483
i mentioned this problem yesterday. all my awaiting updates vanished, i got same logs as everyone in here
strangely the updates what disappeared never returned but i got picodrive update pushed today.

Posts: 313 | Thanked: 247 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ USA
So is there a solution for this issue ? I'm also getting the "wrong domain..." messages and no updates are showing in App Manager.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
When extras-devel is down, it's down.