Active Topics

Posts: 68 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Sweden
I'm thinking about picking up a somewhat cheap... no, make that, quite cheap, Deltaco 10.000mAh powerbank, and before i pull the trigger on this thing... Do the Nokia N9 reliably charge of cheap battery-devices?

Asking since i've become more then just a little accustomed to the fact that the N9 is a but more picky with what you charge it with, then any other device i've been in contact with. Hardly the N9's fault, it follows the USB protocol to the letter, where as the cheap none brand chargers doesn't. So, does anyone have any experience with cheap battery banks, and a N9?

Thank you for your time and effort.
B!

The Following User Says Thank You to Mr B For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Depends. Some power banks have "Android" sockets which usually work otherwise just use a cable/adaptor which shorts the two middle USB pins and you're good.

I've a bunch of mi 10,000mah packs from banggood.com which have been good though I sold the n9 before trying them.

They're particularly useful because you can charge them while using them and they auto sense a draw making them great buffer batteries inline with bicycle hub generators.

Edit: link to pack

http://m.banggood.com/Original-XIAOM...-p-977406.html

Last edited by aegis; 2016-06-15 at 01:39.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 68 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Sweden
As it turns out it no longer matters, the offer ran out :- )

Anyway, now i know, for the next time.
B!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr B For This Useful Post: