Hi there, afternoon.

I've had my N900 for a couple of months now, very happy with it, no complains.
I just wonder if there is any way I can create a folder to move games or apps inside it, and not having them all loose in the main menu.
If this is not possible, it's ok, not the end of the world, just a bit annoying.

Many thanks for the help/info

Have a look for 'Catorise' and 'MyMenu'. With either one I believe you should be able to make a few modifications to choose your own menu structure, but if I'm wrong you'll at least have some menu structure.

The Following User Says Thank You to codeMonkey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 117 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Hardenberg
Originally Posted by JLCSan View Post
I just wonder if there is any way I can create a folder to move games or apps inside it, and not having them all loose in the main menu.
Well, you can download Catorise from Extras, it places the apps in folders, for example in games. BUT games from OVI maps are placed elsewhere, you can't change that. I removed Catorise again. MyMenu was better, you could change things, but is not available in a safe repository.
You CAN change the order of the apps in 1.2, just push long at an icon, release and point at an app to put it (just after it). Hope this helps.

The Following User Says Thank You to ggroen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ggroen View Post
Well, you can download Catorise from Extras, it places the apps in folders, for example in games. BUT games from OVI maps are placed elsewhere, you can't change that. I removed Catorise again. MyMenu was better, you could change things, but is not available in a safe repository.
You CAN change the order of the apps in 1.2, just push long at an icon, release and point at an app to put it (just after it). Hope this helps.
its strange: I have catorize from extras-testing and all my ovi apps are inside the ovi folder

Posts: 117 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Hardenberg
Originally Posted by clasificado View Post
its strange: I have catorize from extras-testing and all my ovi apps are inside the ovi folder
OK, but I do not want to search for a game in two folders, or you have to remember the origins of each app! I would call that a strange developers choice!

As per this post, if you don't like the category you can change it.

The Following User Says Thank You to codeMonkey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Be careful with mymenu on PR 1.2. It breaks the reordering feature of the menu after you uninstall it. You either have to fix a system file (/etc/xdg/menus/hildon.menu) by hand (e.g. compare it with the one from scratchbox) or reflash to get it back working.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Barnsley,S.Yorkshire,England
Originally Posted by ggroen View Post
Ive posted about this already but didnt really get a staight reply whether its a bug or not. I tried numerous times to customise my menu as said above but it just wont work. I highlight the app ,move it around and as soon as i hit done it goes back to the previous possition.
anyone knows how to solve this or has the same problem?
cheers

Many thanks for all the answers, I'll give Catorise a try and see how it goes

Hi there,

I installed catorise the other day, but is not what I was looking for, I cannot change the apps inside the "folders" created by catorise, or delete folders that I dont need.
Also, I just wanted to be able to create folders manually in the main menu, to move items inside them, is this possible at all?
Thanks for the help