Notices

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Romania->"Land Of Choice"
Hi guys! I just saw the highlight regarding the Blender 3D support on the N900. I am very interested regarding Blender 3D because I'm using it and it can be used TO MAKE GAMES. That's right, Games!(At least on the PC). I'd like to kindly ask you guys(and I hope you'll be able to reply ) , 'does/will the N900 version of Blender have the Game Engine implemented, and will it be compatible with the PC version?'. Blender uses OpenGl for rendering, and I know that Nokia's 3D hardware accelerated phones have OpenGl(ES) support. Thanks for replying,,, (if you have technical updates regarding the development of Blender 3d on Nokia, I gladly welcome your reply )

Last edited by christian93; 2009-10-13 at 17:41.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by christian93 View Post
Hi guys! I just saw the highlight regarding the Blender 3D support on the N900.
I'm not sure what you mean. Link?

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by pelago View Post
I'm not sure what you mean. Link?
Not sure, but I do know Ton Rossendaal of Blender Foundation held a talk at the Maemo Summit

http://[2001:4860:a003::84]/search?q...clnk&gl=nllink

The Following User Says Thank You to allnameswereout For This Useful Post:
Posts: 81 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Romania, Bucharest
From what I see, U need to know if *.blend files can be read by maemo.
Does anybody know of a emulator or direct interpretor in maemo for blender projects? I'd be very interested too
Regards

Last edited by onutz; 2009-10-13 at 22:07.

The Following User Says Thank You to onutz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 119 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Prague
last time I saw a blender game under my linux, it was way too slow - the n900 is even a few times slower than my (outdated) notebook, i wouldn't count on it - to be able to use it for real gaming.. however, it could be quite easy to recompile blender for maemo, so...

The Following User Says Thank You to andree For This Useful Post:
Posts: 290 | Thanked: 472 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Originally Posted by andree View Post
last time I saw a blender game under my linux, it was way too slow - the n900 is even a few times slower than my (outdated) notebook, i wouldn't count on it - to be able to use it for real gaming.. however, it could be quite easy to recompile blender for maemo, so...
blender 3d is for modeling and rendering 3d graphics..

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Romania->"Land Of Choice"
Well guys, here's a description of Blender.
*Blender is a 3D (3 dimensional) editor which can be used to create 3D objects(from cars to humans, plants to clouds etc...). A particular advantage of Blender is that it has A Game Engine. With it, you can make your Own games, without any need of knowing programming(although it's very useful), just 3d modeling and you "program" the game by using logic bricks(it's a very simple way to program, with pre-defined conditions and actions which can be adjusted).
*Blender has already been ported to Pocket Pcs. The Pocket Pc version looks, behaves and is compatible with the Pc version of blender(in other words, lets say you have a car and want to further work on it on your PPC-so, you just save your car as a file(in Blender's proprietary format), and then you just copy it on the PPC and you can now edit it! for example - tune it, color it, and so on...). But, because of some limits the Pocket Pcs have, the PPC version does Not Have a Game Engine-which means that you cannot play Blender-made games on it. And This Is what I'm looking for- If the N900 ported version of blender can play PC blender-made games. I hope you can understand me .
Blender's official site: www.blender.org
@claesbas- buddy, please note that blender can Also be used for making games(besides modeling, animating, texturing and rendering 3d scenes/objects) and to play them(the blender-made ones). I'm working with it, so I'm certain of that

Last edited by christian93; 2009-10-13 at 22:46.

The Following User Says Thank You to christian93 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 290 | Thanked: 472 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
@claesbas- buddy, please note that blender can Also be used for making games(besides modeling, animating, texturing and rendering 3d scenes/objects) and to play them(the blender-made ones). I'm working with it, so I'm certain of that
oh, thats news for me.. remember i tried blender some years ago.. thank you for clearing that for me..

The Following User Says Thank You to claesbas For This Useful Post:
This is the kind of game that can be created with the blender game engine:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7RRaEvWqJc

Pretty neat.

I do remember a blender mobile version for pocket pc a long time ago, in the age of MS pocket pc 2003. But I don't know if the blender foundation has any plan to port blender on Maemo....

The Following User Says Thank You to Ayle For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Still doe not explain the point of this topic. As in, Blender 3D is ported to Maemo, or what? Wat is the relation between Blender 3D and N900/Maemo 5?