Posts: 601 | Thanked: 549 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Redditch, UK
Go back into Disk Management as described previously. With the N900 connected to your PC in Mass Storage Mode you should see the disk labelled N900 in Disk Management. Right click on the volume, go to "Properties". From there go to the "Tools" tab and run the "Error-checking" tool to check the volume for errors.

The alternative is to go Start > Run - type in cmd and hit enter. Then in the DOS prompt type
Code:
chkdsk e:
Where I hope that e: is the drive letter assigned to your N900. You can get the drive letter from the Disk Management SErvice in Computer Management.

Let us know how you got on.

Last edited by Switch_; 2011-02-09 at 11:49.

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2011 @ sialkot pakistan
Originally Posted by Switch_ View Post
Go back into Disk Management as described previously. With the N900 connected to your PC in Mass Storage Mode you should see the disk labelled N900 in Disk Management. Right click on the volume, go to "Properties". From there go to the "Tools" tab and run the "Error-checking" tool to check the volume for errors.

The alternative is to go Start > Run - type in cmd and hit enter. Then in the DOS prompt type
Code:
chkdsk e:
Where I hope that e: is the drive letter assigned to your N900. You can get the drive letter from the Disk Management SErvice in Computer Management.

Let us know how you got on.

Dear Brother i have been attatched the chkdsk within this
please let me know is it possible to recover data or not

and i am much thankfull 2 u for helping me out
Attached Images

Posts: 601 | Thanked: 549 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Redditch, UK
Well, the checkdisk is throwing up no errors within a windows environment. Lets do it on the device itself. Open xTerminal (Ctrl+Shift+X) and type in
Code:
sudo gainroot
fsck -af /dev/mmcblk0p1
Post up any errors you get

Originally Posted by Switch_ View Post
Well, the checkdisk is throwing up no errors within a windows environment. Lets do it on the device itself. Open xTerminal (Ctrl+Shift+X) and type in
Code:
sudo gainroot
fsck -af /dev/mmcblk0p1
Post up any errors you get
BusyBox v1.10.2 (Debian 3:1.10.2.legal-1osso30+0m5) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

/home/user # fsck -af /dev/mmcblk0p1
fsck 1.41.3.maemo0 (12-Oct-2008)
dosfsck 2.11, 12 Mar 2005, FAT32, LFN
/dev/mmcblk0p1: 5158 files, 122342/442377 clusters
/home/user #

Brother i am trying all day surfing on web to get back my data i found one application in app manager named TESTDISK
but i dont know how to use it actualy its in X terminal can you help me.

and do you have any chat id so that we can have chat easily

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Little walkthrough:

Start testdisk,
let it create a 'Fresh Log',
choose your card [should be just one] /dev/mmcblk0,
Intel partition table [if it asks for the info]
Quick Search

You might then try to choose the MyDocs partition, typing 'p' will list the files, arrow keys to get into directories, red entries are deleted files or folders.
If you want to recover them you have to choose a new location for the copy [you are asked for the location, where you want to save it. '.'stands for the current directory you are in, '::' stands for the upper directory.]
Again use the arrow keys to go to the temporary folder for storing the files. There is still the validate question of testdisk, which asks for the location, active in the upper part of the window. Hit 'Y' will copy the file to the new location. [Depending on the size of the file or folder this could take some time. Be patient and let it do its magic]

The Following User Says Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
Little walkthrough:

Start testdisk,
let it create a 'Fresh Log',
choose your card [should be just one] /dev/mmcblk0,
Intel partition table [if it asks for the info]
Quick Search

You might then try to choose the MyDocs partition, typing 'p' will list the files, arrow keys to get into directories, red entries are deleted files or folders.
If you want to recover them you have to choose a new location for the copy [you are asked for the location, where you want to save it. '.'stands for the current directory you are in, '::' stands for the upper directory.]
Again use the arrow keys to go to the temporary folder for storing the files. There is still the validate question of testdisk, which asks for the location, active in the upper part of the window. Hit 'Y' will copy the file to the new location. [Depending on the size of the file or folder this could take some time. Be patient and let it do its magic]

first of all thanks for replying me brother. And then i have some questions
no 1 should i do it with my pc i am using windows Xp
or should i do it on N900
cause i am very new to this
i tried my own using pc connecting my N900 to pc with testdisk
waao great it recoverd some pics and some videos that i had lost
but it also recoverd lots of files which deb and other unknown files.
What to do them

brother it will be your highness if you give me some more clearly how to do this step by step.

I know the time you will is priceless but beleiv me the picture just like my life as i told before.
Its 3am in pakistan and i am awaking just becuase of tense.

Lot of best wishes nd prayers

regards
musddaq ch

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
It does not matter at all, if you try from within the device or from your PC, which might be favored because of bigger screen size.
Take your time for this recovery, because this application is somewhat special, meaning has its own interface.
The corrupted filenames indicate the broken data transfer, deb files are the installable application files for the N900. But you rather transfer the files from your PC again tobe sure they are 'healthy'.
Well its three in the morning for you, it is twelve'o'clock here, do it not now. Good night!

thanks bro and happy to have u from germany cause my bro is living there from 18 years he is running a pizza shop. if it got work there will b a treat for you would like to have. i will do it afteri will have sleep.

thanks again for the time and help u paid to me