Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 117 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Samnan,Sharjah,U.A.E.
Originally Posted by tabris View Post
anyone else experience this, that when you have a bookmark on your desktop and use it it opens the first browser page with all the bookmarks and the actual bookmark?

this only happens for me when no other webpage is open and only with my bookmarks the google one that was preeloaded does not do this.

edit: cant find any of this in the bugtracker, so i guess its only me..
same here...i get the smae problem everytime i open a bookmark from my desktop

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by mr_ian84 View Post
First of all thanks for helping out maemo stay alive and continue to grow. I would like to ask the following questions:

1) if one installs the community ssu is it possible to install any nokia updates if ones come available?
Depends entirely on how anal Nokia is about these things. Usually their updates depend on every little system file being the exactly right version or some such. If they're nice, they'll make it updateable without conflicts with what's in the CSSU. If not, then you can always downgrade, I'm sure.

Originally Posted by mr_ian84 View Post
2) can the community update components like flash?
If the 'community' wants to pay Adobe's licensing fees. Or do it with questionable legality. The latter is doable (though no one has bothered), but it wouldn't be included within the CSSU, since the CSSU is a more 'legitimate' Community Council supported thing.

plus If you keep the bookmark brower open while opening a desktop shortcut to a web page, your page is opened nicely but you are redirected to the bookmark page

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ FRANCE
Originally Posted by clovis86 View Post
@tabris same here
anybody for a bug creation ?
Maybe this bug? https://bugs.maemo.org/11829

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 240 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wiltshire, UK
Reporting all OK after 36 hrs use, apart from the desktop web shortcut issue.

Bearing in mind the bewhildering complexity of this, the two bugs identified so far are testament to the skills of the SSU team.

In fact, the shortcut bug is something of a blessing in disguise so I'll leave it in place for now.

Thanks to the whole team!

nicce so we'll wait for the OTA update

Guys pay attention to the custom MAG packages previously installed through maemodder or in any other way..

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...071#post932071

The Following User Says Thank You to Dany-69 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dany-69 View Post
Guys pay attention to the custom MAG packages previously installed through maemodder or in any other way..

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...071#post932071
are you talking about conflict between MaeModder and this ?

The conflict isn't with maemodder... Maemodder is the simpliest program ever written .. only pure bash (and a bit of python and zenity) xD

The problem are the custom packages , just like hildon-desktop, hildon-staus-menu anche hildon-control-panel.
The Community SSU neeeds you to have the original packages ... so everyone has installed the custom packages (even who has done this through maemodder) has to remove them

The Following User Says Thank You to Dany-69 For This Useful Post:
I hope this hasn't been asked in the past 9 pages, but what if Nokia makes a pr1.4 ? and it overwrites the fixed packages that the CSSU has fixed.

Shouldnt Nokia officially 'pass the torch' to the Maemo community so this doesn't happen?

or how exactly will this work?

The Following User Says Thank You to roger_27 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade