Closed Thread
Posts: 99 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ maemo
this thread show us what some people made of

The Following User Says Thank You to ravent-n900 For This Useful Post:
Whineception?

But I agree with you:
Originally Posted by souseh View Post
To everyone here whining and telling they won't donate unless they see a demo or something like that:
Just for the record, if you read this thread since it started, tgalal never asked for money, we all know he's doing this alone in his free time, it was only after some people asked him for a donate button to show him some appreciation that he did it.
Don't donate if you don't believe him!! Just stop this debate here and let him do his job quietly!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TNL For This Useful Post:
I agree with all the "he do this for free and in his free time" and all of that.

But he has create an expectation and all what this people want is a simple report if he has abandoned or the thing is going on, nothing more nothing less, i think is a legitimate request for the expectation he has created in hundred maybe thousands of people, only a simple report of the status of the project.

He will take like 5 seconds to post "don´t worry people the thing is going on" or "sorry but i have abandoned the project"

And two weeks since his last post....mmmmm unless he get lost in the jungle without internet or something like that, something is smelling very bad here...be prepare for very bad news guys or not news at all

Last edited by -Tyler-; 2012-04-14 at 08:41.

The Following User Says Thank You to -Tyler- For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
I really think people shuld think twice when bying a phone. If whatsapp is that important to them why go for an N9 with an OS dicontinued by Nokia, this really wont give any mass market apps this way. You knew what bought, who in there right mind would start out deving for a platform if they couldn't see profit in the end and here i'm talking about big/small companies not the devs here on tmo.
Talgal doesn't owe anybody anything, people donated of there own free will and if he can't do it in the end for one or the other reason, that is totally legit.
Further more if he's doing this for the money it's really a bad scam for small change, imo i don't think it would be worth it.
I see a lot of reasons why he hasn't replied here in two weeks and it's not about all of the accusations or demands it could be he's in a personal crysis of some sort. He could be trolling, but that doesn't affect the choise you made when buying this phone, you knew it would come short of apps and I think it's some of the reason why some people are getting frustrated over this.

Regards Dousan...

My Søciety6:
http://society6.com/Dousan

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dousan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Originally Posted by Dousan View Post
I really think people shuld think twice when bying a phone. If whatsapp is that important to them why go for an N9 with an OS dicontinued by Nokia, this really wont give any mass market apps this way. You knew what bought, who in there right mind would start out deving for a platform if they couldn't see profit in the end and here i'm talking about big/small companies not the devs here on tmo.
Talgal doesn't owe anybody anything, people donated of there own free will and if he can't do it in the end for one or the other reason, that is totally legit.
Further more if he's doing this for the money it's really a bad scam for small change, imo i don't think it would be worth it.
I see a lot of reasons why he hasn't replied here in two weeks and it's not about all of the accusations or demands it could be he's in a personal crysis of some sort. He could be trolling, but that doesn't affect the choise you made when buying this phone, you knew it would come short of apps and I think it's some of the reason why some people are getting frustrated over this.

Regards Dousan...
Ayyyy Ayyy, We not asking for freebies here, we'll pay if required.... Surely there's enough N9s for Whatsapp to profit from.... What do they have to lose?

Hey guyz,

I tweeted @tgalal and asked about the development progress of whatsapp and the possible date of a release and I got no reply. You guys could try tweeting him, his username is @tgalal.

Its starting to seem like a hoax, in part due to the fact that he said it will have been released on several occasions to no avail.

Oh, and to all those who are complaining for whatever reason (yes, even those who are complaining about people complaining!!) I thinks its safe to note that this is not a development thread, as was initially planned, the fact that tgalal wont share code or accept help from anyone has long since established this as a non-dev thread. #JustSaying

Are there any news of the current progress of the community Whatsapp project?
This thread got somehow weired, lots of scam and misleading comments here but no more words of the current work beeing done.
Is the source applicable from anywhere, or is there a beta/testing release applicable finally?
Thanks in advance!

The Following User Says Thank You to inte For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zbuben View Post
THIS IS FAKE,

Guys, I'm from Argentina. I'm doing the WhatsApp for N9.

I will share this to you FREE, I don't demand any money.

because LINUX is FREE FOR EVERY ONE.

TGALAL if you rally work in this, don't ask any money and put your codes.

Sorry for my bad english.
Perhaps you can start a thread, if you are in fact working on this. The community will certainly support!!!

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Originally Posted by quipper8 View Post
here is a good example:

https://www.elance.com/j/sonork-chat...-app/28709382/

Now, that is a good example of a really really nice IM app using encryption by default.

I used this program a lot around the end of the ninetees and thought that development had stopped. I had contact with the developer (from Paraguay I believe) once, about a proposed linux port and never heard of it again. But sonork was/is a wonderfull program and a delight to use!

The Following User Says Thank You to anthonie For This Useful Post:
i am sure there are many talented programmers in this community that can start another new project to port whatsapp, tgallal is new to this forum?

Closed Thread

Tags
galal-t is da, kindergarten, mastar, new tmo low, shameful, tmo not cake, trollfest, whiny_girls