Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 251 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland, Vaasa
I have one "problem" with this app. Nothing seems to relates to receiving and sending to mms though.

At the list where is sended and received mms messages i have one abnormalitie.

I sended two mms messages for two of my friends. So two first messages on the list are the sended messages and should be to my friend no.1 with his picture and to my friend no.2 with his picture and the right message information. RIght?

But for me ffms shows same receiver name, title and the time information for the first two messages, only receivers pictures are different. When i click the sended mms it opens mms with correct picture and information.

Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by somedude View Post
Frals,
Is there a possibility that we can see the forward option in the next versions?
No promise it's a "real" Forward (not sure if it's suppose to include original binary mms or what not and not had time to read specs), but I'll see if I can make it launch a new sender with text + attachment pre-set. No promise when I'll have time to add it.

Originally Posted by mele View Post
At the list where is sended and received mms messages i have one abnormalitie.

I sended two mms messages for two of my friends. So two first messages on the list are the sended messages and should be to my friend no.1 with his picture and to my friend no.2 with his picture and the right message information. RIght?

But for me ffms shows same receiver name, title and the time information for the first two messages, only receivers pictures are different. When i click the sended mms it opens mms with correct picture and information.
Hmm, interesting... I'll investigate some and see if I can manage to reproduce this (I've seen it at some point on my devices as well but it magically went away). If you scroll up and down the list (assuming it's long enough to do that), does it show the correct information?

Could you get me the log? Instructions in my signature.

Originally Posted by HammY View Post
Hey !! I used Vodafone's online 'chat' and immediately got very helpful support and got MMS enabled on my SIM !! - result !!

[snip]
The SMS text message gives me a Vodafone URL and password to 'get my photo' where I immediately locked my account from next 10mins - not sure why I have this 'option' ...but fine.

I guess the 2nd & 3rd alert are linked and I have a MMS in fMMS

Oddly, the MMS message say's after the image: "File Attachment was deleted from message due to size limitation" ... any ideas.
The image is small: is 300 x168 a recognised 'standard' size for MMS ?
Great, it was Vodafones fault then Basically that notification shouldnt appear once you sent/received an MMS properly but you never know with different operators.

Think the "File Attachment was deleted from message due to size limitation" is Vodafone doing something to the message as well, it's not fMMS at least. :-)

Originally Posted by andraeseus1 View Post
ok, so i got it to receive again. i had to set it to polite i dont know why it makes a differerence. But here is the prob with sending now i get a error msg. it says Sending failed
ERROR 32 Broken pipe
Please make sure apn settings are correct

an idea about this?
Send me the log please

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to frals For This Useful Post:
Posts: 251 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland, Vaasa
Originally Posted by frals View Post

Hmm, interesting... I'll investigate some and see if I can manage to reproduce this (I've seen it at some point on my devices as well but it magically went away). If you scroll up and down the list (assuming it's long enough to do that), does it show the correct information?

Could you get me the log? Instructions in my signature.

Nope the problem still exists after scrolling down and up several times. It also sometimes gives wrong name for the sender but that goes away with scrolling.

I`ll sen log as soon as i get away from mass storage mode (loading maps)

So yeah.. New release! fMMS 0.9.0 aka "Getting really close now..."

* redid configuration for apn
* automatically fetches operator settings from /etc/operator_settings if available
* border around interaction area in sender
* 'forward' option added in viewer
* only stores sent messages if mmsc responds it was successfully submitted
* fixed some issues where dbhandler would break when concatting strings
* delete function now uses os.listdir to get the list of files
* message time is converted to localtime when fetched from db
* sane defaults on first launch
More information: http://blog.frals.se/2010/04/18/fmms...lly-close-now/

Needs a bit of testing (and some UX experts to go over it, please help! ), then its version bump to 1.0.0 and promote to testing! YEY! \o/

After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to frals For This Useful Post:
Posts: 168 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Luleå, Sweden
This sounds great frals.

/me goes of to test the new version.

/oxpo

Did just install fMMS 0.9.0.. and its problem whid it..

when i start the program my n900 just reboot..

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Atlanta
frals,

I sent a MMS to myself with version 0.9 and I got the MMS but I did not get a notification at all that it was recieved. I got a "Message Sent" notification and I waited and waited for the usual dual notification and when it didn't show up after a few minutes, I closed fMMS and reopened it, there was my MMS, complete with the 40 second MP3 audio. Since it didn't give any errors, I don't have a log file.

Thank you for your hardwork and congratulations on 1.0 being really close!

Originally Posted by Persson View Post
Did just install fMMS 0.9.0.. and its problem whid it..

when i start the program my n900 just reboot..
Uh, your whole device reboots? Just like that? I can find no reason whatsoever why it would do that... Can you launch it from x-term by typing /opt/fmms/fmms_gui.py and see if it still does that? And try to see if theres any output before it does, if it does...

Originally Posted by Deaconclgi View Post
frals,

I sent a MMS to myself with version 0.9 and I got the MMS but I did not get a notification at all that it was recieved. I got a "Message Sent" notification and I waited and waited for the usual dual notification and when it didn't show up after a few minutes, I closed fMMS and reopened it, there was my MMS, complete with the 40 second MP3 audio. Since it didn't give any errors, I don't have a log file.

Thank you for your hardwork and congratulations on 1.0 being really close!
Uh, interesting.. might been a freak error. Even though nothing went seriously bad there should still be a log in /tmp/fmms.log, if there is, could you PM me it or drop me an email? Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Works fine here. Some little things.

- After writing 5 rows of text (pressing enter) the view doesn't follow cursor.
- Even thought I haven't yet miss clicked send button,I think it's bit too close to back button. Here is some reading about usability:
http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/201...fitts-law.html
(Yes e-mail program has it also there, but for love of god do not take example from that app ;D)

Yes my n900 reboots when i try open fmms 0.9

my fmms.log is empty nothing in it..

Originally Posted by frals View Post
Uh, your whole device reboots? Just like that? I can find no reason whatsoever why it would do that... Can you launch it from x-term by typing /opt/fmms/fmms_gui.py and see if it still does that? And try to see if theres any output before it does, if it does...

Uh, interesting.. might been a freak error. Even though nothing went seriously bad there should still be a log in /tmp/fmms.log, if there is, could you PM me it or drop me an email? Thanks!

Closed Thread

Tags
application, community win, fmms, frals rocks, fralsvsnokia1-0, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, mms, n900, python