Notices

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 1,778 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by PIDk View Post
Wow!

It is really awesome!

Forced focusing (this drag-to-focus gesture) is a bit buggy though. And I think It would be more convenient to call default gallery app (and not hand-made one) when you click gallery button.

BTW, you could find cameraplus here: http://repo.pub.meego.com/home:/rzr:....0-1_armel.deb (thanks to RzR)
How buggy is it ? What's the problem ?
You can still access gallery app from menu-> captures in gallery. I haven't made a gallery app. I just made a post capture view since the gallery default post capture view needs meego touch.

The Following User Says Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kai_en View Post
I found that picture captured in portrait mode is cut by 1/3 when viewed in the gallery, only when you pinch to zoom in and then zoom out will it render it back to normal.

EDIT: Also, would it help if you place photos in /home/usr/MyDocs/Pictures/cameraplus ? Because wazapp has no problem reading pictures from the “Picture” folder
Picture cut might be because the size is not set properly. I will debug and see

As for changing the save location, I am being asked to dsave in MyDocs/DCIM and MyDocs/Pictures (2 different requests from 2 different users ) because of wazapp.

I believe that wazapp should be fixed but I can also add a configuration to change the save location but I don't think I can save in 2 different places at the same time

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
I would vote for ~/MyDocs/DCIM as that's where the default camera app saves pictures. This way in the stock gallery app you can filter out Pictures from captured images in the second tab.

Thanks!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MSameer View Post
Picture cut might be because the size is not set properly. I will debug and see

As for changing the save location, I am being asked to dsave in MyDocs/DCIM and MyDocs/Pictures (2 different requests from 2 different users ) because of wazapp.

I believe that wazapp should be fixed but I can also add a configuration to change the save location but I don't think I can save in 2 different places at the same time
i mentioned “Pictures” Folder due to your reasoning that this software is still at testing stage and you don't want to mess up DCIM, otherwise I would love it to be at DCIM instead.

The Following User Says Thank You to kai_en For This Useful Post:
As I said earlier, I am going to add an option to save in DCIM even though I believe that wazapp should still be fixed

BTW gallery doesn't assume pictures underneath DCIM were captured by camera. Gallery uses maker note to get all captures

Originally Posted by MSameer View Post
How buggy is it ? What's the problem ?
When you drag from shutter button to (precisely) focus area, this forced focus mode becomes "stuck". Focus area remains blue and continues to make "focused" sound with every photo taken.

The Following User Says Thank You to PIDk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by PIDk View Post
When you drag from shutter button to (precisely) focus area, this forced focus mode becomes "stuck". Focus area remains blue and continues to make "focused" sound with every photo taken.
I don't get you here (or I cannot reproduce it)

0.0.1 is out which puts captures underneath DCIM. It should not overwrite existing images. Worst case is it fails to capture which would be a bug in cameraplus.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Thanks for the update; captured images show up in gallery's second tab

One issue is that when viewing a captured image in the viewer within the app in portrait orientation, the file name overlaps with the day/date leading to fudged numbers presumably due to the length of both strings. This isn't an issue in landscape due to the wider area.

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Thanks for the update; captured images show up in gallery's second tab

One issue is that when viewing a captured image in the viewer within the app in portrait orientation, the file name overlaps with the day/date leading to fudged numbers presumably due to the length of both strings. This isn't an issue in landscape due to the wider area.
I fixed that in git. Will try to release today or tomorrow depending on how many issues I can fix Thanks for reporting it!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:

Tags
?where is nemo?, thank you!