Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Originally Posted by bill_klpd View Post
A friend of mine has an ebay account and as I am planning to keep this phone for a while i told him to buy me this and these! I hope that it will not be a crappy thing and that it will be just as good as the original one! We will see! P.S: I have already disassemblied my n900 once
please do post your feedback after reciveing the housing

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 383 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jun 2013 @ Greece, Athens
I will, but it will need some time until I have it on my hands I think...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bill_klpd For This Useful Post:
i had a n900 when the first came out and now after god knows how many years and multiple handsets (iphone 4,5 gs2 and htc one) iv decided to revert back to the old faithful, ordered one and its in the post i cant wait

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dlb1991 For This Useful Post:
I am going back to the N900 full time this weekend after selling my N9.

But I noticed the screen is not as bright as it used to be. I have to set it at 3/5 brightness in stead of 1/5 what I used to do. Do I have to replace the screen? The phone is nearly 4 years old now.
Motorola M3688 → Ericsson R320 → Siemens S40 → Motorola V60c → Palm Treo 650 → Blackberry 9000 → Nokia N900 → HP Pre 3 → Nokia N900 → Nokia N9 → Nokia N900 → Nokia 808 → Blackberry Z10 → Blackberry Passport

Only dead fish swim with the stream.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Wizard of Huz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 44 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Netherlands
I am using the N900 mainly as an extended media center in addition to my other devices.

My Samsung Galaxy Nexus 16 GB is my prime phone and is additionally used for Sygic GPS, camera/video + camera apps, E-mail/Social Media and some browsing and news apps.

My Blackberry Playbook 64GB is mainly used for watching movies, reading comics and E-mail/Inet browsing + office work (writing notes etc.) and phote editing.

My N900 with 48GB is stuffed with music (in combination with a Mini Boombox), is used as a USB drive and USB host, is my prime night camera (bless), back-up normal camera, use of the various camera apps, holiday hotspot for my Playbook and back-up Sygic GPS.

It is a nice companion and I found a good goal for the N900, but I cannot use it anymore as my main device. As back-up and as addition it is great though.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mike Fr For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Jun 2013 @ Michigan
Still use everyday...swap batteries since I never worked out the dumb charger thing when travelling. Too many things work well to change phones. Love the joiku hotspot, internal gps that doesnt need sim. I am a 50+ mom who uses most of its features regularly. I even replaced the lcd screen myself to keep what my kids refer to as "mom's brick". They don't have a backlit keyboard, they don't get full web pages, and can't manually control connections and settings. I wish it was still supported better, I know I will eventually have to move on...but not yet.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to amguest For This Useful Post:
Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Originally Posted by amguest View Post
Still use everyday...swap batteries since I never worked out the dumb charger thing when travelling. Too many things work well to change phones. Love the joiku hotspot, internal gps that doesnt need sim. I am a 50+ mom who uses most of its features regularly. I even replaced the lcd screen myself to keep what my kids refer to as "mom's brick". They don't have a backlit keyboard, they don't get full web pages, and can't manually control connections and settings. I wish it was still supported better, I know I will eventually have to move on...but not yet.
Way to go mama!

*Both thumbs up*

The Following User Says Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Acurus_ For This Useful Post:
ola ! Wtf ??? Healing i lost one the day it arrived ! the next is on way

Originally Posted by amguest View Post
yup mama way long to go time to discover the forum !

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:

Tags
n900 ftw, pfeifen_im_wald, possibilities, rock on n900