Active Topics

Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
I was really hoping the Nexus Prime would be my first Android phone but it's quite a disappointment. ICS looks like Windows Phone now and the tech demos they showed like NFC and Facelock didn't even work. I'll give the Galaxy Note a try when it comes out. The stylus and large size is quite attractive.

Posts: 252 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by Protegio View Post
Everything I'm missing on N900 is NORMAL PORTRAIT KEYBOARD + EVERY single APP in portrait mode. Better Skype. Why integrated Twitter do not work anymore??? (I still havent found the answers). And improved Camera could be OK. Because I belive that N900 can push up to 720p but I would be better if picture quality iproved, because everything I get lately is Crap. Both = video & pics.
If you want a portrait keyboard then take a look Maliit: http://wiki.maliit.org/Documentation...28Fremantle.29

If you want better support for landscape and portait mode for apps take a look at the Community SSU: http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU

I've used it for months and it's very stable.

With CSSU you can view the most apps in landscape mode or lock the phone to portrait mode and then even your call screen will be in landscape mode

The front facing camera is as far as i know only for Skype video calls.

The Following User Says Thank You to LouisDK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 252 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by maluka View Post
I was really hoping the Nexus Prime would be my first Android phone but it's quite a disappointment. ICS looks like Windows Phone now and the tech demos they showed like NFC and Facelock didn't even work. I'll give the Galaxy Note a try when it comes out. The stylus and large size is quite attractive.
With the presentation of "people" for Ice Cream Sandwich (seamless IM integration) and the easy app switching then it has solved some of the big issues I had with Android.

So either I'll buy the Nexus Prime and get very good updates or wait for ICS and see if a good Android 4-phone with psychical keyboard will be presented and then flash it with Cyanogenmod.

But one thing I'm sure about is that I'll keep my N900 as a good Linux and terminal pocket machine.

Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
Im not getting the Nexus. I had the SGS2, it didnt really do it for me, so clearly its not the HW that does it since theyre pretty much alike. Then it had to be Android. So ICS seems like a nice step forward. But the device isnt awesome enough for me to get one just yet.

Ive got the N9 though, so that might be why.

It will be interesting to see what will catch my fancy next. Some ICS phone next august? Maybe a WP phone in march. Perhaps something entirely different. Good times.