Active Topics

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Funny how a Finnish company bought that exact line and bet their entire company on that same premise.

What's worse. 1% of Americans thinking that WP7 is smooth and runs perfectly or a bunch of Finns that thought they could turn things around with WP7.

Yeah...
Duuuuude that was the best come back I've seen in a long time my brain almost exploded.

The Following User Says Thank You to Zoxir For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Zoxir View Post
Duuuuude that was the best come back I've seen in a long time my brain almost exploded.
Your sarcasm duly noted. We both know that comeback sucked.

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Your sarcasm duly noted. We both know that comeback sucked.
Ok now I'm confused . I meant what I said but I'm not sure you mean what you're saying or trolling me :P

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Damascus Syria
"UPgrading" from N900 to L900 is the funniest thing I have heard ever since I got into this forum

No really, it's possible that somedude may like L900 but thinking of it as an alternative for N900, this is quite crazy

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AnasSyria For This Useful Post:
What exactly does "upgrading" mean?

From a PC builder/owners perspective it means more of something that you already have, i.e RAM, better graphics card or more storage space.

I see it the same from a mobile phone point of view. "up"grading to something that has less functionality, less storage and cutting out a lot of features (both hardware and software) doesn't constitute an "up"grade in my books.

Like I'm going to swap my WinXP AMD64/x2 4800+, 2 GB of RAM, 500 GB storage and 512 MB nVidia 7800 video card for an Intel Celeron with 1GB RAM, 160 GB storage and integrated graphics, because it's got Win7

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 244 | Thanked: 354 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Scotland
I agree that there is no comparison.

As a phone, the Lumia 900 is excellent. As a smartphone, it's also excellent.

As a phone, the N900 is a bag of arse. As a smartphone, the N900 is a bag of arse. As an alternative to a netbook or laptop, the N900 is a bag of arse.

It just so happens that, with a little bit of effort, this bag of arse can be manipulated about and can somehow cope with all these tasks - which is what makes it so unique.

But to everyone I've spoken to who's looked at my N900 and said "I might get one of those" - I give them a good, hard stare and ask them "Are you sure? Are you really, really sure?" and then they usually back down, because unless you're willing to clean the monumental volume of shite out of the stable, you don't buy a Clydesdale to do the work of a donkey.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gregoranderson For This Useful Post:
Totally agree.
Nokia could have avoided the bag of arse by developing it further.
My brother struggled with the Nokia 5800 where installing anything out of the ordinary was concerned, i.e replacing the stock browser with Opera. Then he tells me he's thinking of getting an N900.

What other handset can access external hard drives, CD/DVD drives, external keyboards and mice?

Admittedly you have to work hard for it, but Nokia could have made it easier over time.

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
N900 to L900? Pffffffft

Well it's only been 4-5 days with my Lumia..and you guys might consider it a downgrade, but I don't. I'm not a tweaker, and as life gets busier and busier for me, I want my phone to do things I need, fast and easily.

- I love the display, very crisp and clear. I prefer using my phone to read articles and browse the net as opposed to on my laptop. Big difference from the N900.

-Nokia maps, Nokia drive are awesome

-Integrated Bing search is wow

-I've always said I'll never get a phone without a keyboard and well...I was wrong. L900's keyboard is the best. I use it in portrait mode almost always, don't even need to switch it to landscape 'cuz it's just that good. I love how I can dictate my messages to my contacts, and have their messages read and replied all without having to touch my phone (big + when I'm driving)

-I like the live tiles updating me with fb, twitter, weather, news, etc all on the same screen.

-Emailing is just as easy as texting/sms

-Skype beta is the best I've used. It's just really neat, and this isn't even the official version yet. The only prob with skype right now is it doesn't run in the background, however for calls, videos, chatting...it's amazing

-the OS supports tango and whatsapp...def. needed these

-Call quality is great

-the N9 design...this phone is GORGEOUS. N900 is bulky and I got tired of it. Needed something I can use with one hand.

Windows OS fits my needs I wanted an OS that's supported and is stable, but at the same time different and fun. And well this worked for me

I use the browser mainly to search things however with bing integrated, I can just do everything within the OS. I've only used the explorer browser so far, and it can open a bunch of tabs and you can easily multi-task through them. Haven't used my browser as much, will update you on that in a few days. Didn't really feel the need to as of yet, been using apps for news reading, browsing forums etc and bing for search

I have all the apps I need, the only thing missing for me right now are drug/medical apps, like Micromedex and Epocrates. So far been using the browser for those and no complaints. With the N900 I'd get frustrated at times, but L900's experience is just something else.

Disappointing factors:
-Camera- N900 def wins in this area.
-Not as customizable- can't have pics in the background or add/move widgets..
-Having to press the back button to exit out of things
-When viewing the windows you have open while multi-tasking...wish there was a feature to close them (this was def a plus on the N900)
-No memory card slot
-Can't take out the battery

I think Nokia will send a fix for the camera because a lot of people have been complaining. Customizability isn't that much of a prob for me, I'm satisfied with the live tiles.

P.S. I found out 1-2 days ago, MAG also got a Nokia Lumia

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nokiaqueen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
pffffffffft, N9 or maemo6 with proper support will change ur mind, maemo5 with better support will kill wp with only one hit, pfffffft

The Following User Says Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post: