Active Topics

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by explit View Post
PolarCell costs 12,90 EUR on
eBay.de from wansee-electronic
Just got one copy in from that shop.

Looks good, quite identical to the Jolla branded one.

It works correctly out of the box (it came charged at over 50%)

Temperature indicator seems to be hovering around 28 degrees. I've read somewhere that this battery is supposedly not providing temp feedback to the OS in a correct way,

If I loose my manhood due to an exploding Jolla in my pocket , I am not sure if I will dare to report to Jolla care or even here, so follow my example on own risk..

EDIT: after a few days of usage, I just forgot this is not the original Jolla battery. Excellent value.

About temperatures: a refrigerator test has shown that indeed the temp reading seems to be incorrect (as in displaying a more or less fixed temperature value and not updating to match real temp).

Name:  2015-09-17-0881.jpg
Views: 1486
Size:  28.1 KB

Name:  2015-09-17-0882.jpg
Views: 1387
Size:  22.2 KB

Last edited by ste-phan; 2015-11-02 at 11:48.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Got my polarcell about a week ago. Seems pretty stable so far. I've removed my bus ticket battery padding and had no random reboots. I didn't see a bit jump in capacity at first. Upower was reporting 75% capacity on my 2 year old battery before I switched it, and the Polarcell started at 80%. It seems to have risen since then though, and it now says 86% of design capacity, 6.96806 Wh.

I can't objectively say it lasts longer, but it feels better.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to billranton For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
My small experience with PolarCell battery...
Preview:
In the last year I have had a many unexpected reboots... From update to update it was less or more..
Tried different tips like a paper, cleaning contacts, trick with pins... But it not really helped... And I still got reboots almost every day and 1-2 in the day in different conditions...

PolarCell battery:
First impression was that phone feels like a new... For now 4 days with the same usage and same conditions like before but without reboots
Really like this battery, think to buy additional one as spare if current one going to be my primary battery.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 204 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Germany - Potsdam
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Really like this battery...
me too, phone is stable again.

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Sep 2015 @ Finland
Has anyone ordered spare parts for Jolla from following store?
http://www.maxbhi.com/jolla-jolla-sp...cessories.html

They are selling also LCD and touch screen and I am wondering if touch screen would include also glass... Did ask it from Live Support but question was too difficult..

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Japsi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
A couple of weeks ago, I have rented a car (Citroen). Coupled my Polar Cell Jolla to this USB outlet in the car.

After a while I touched the Jolla and it was much hotter than with my regular charger (mix of Nokia, Jolla, Blackberry left overs).

I suggest to beware of using "any charger" for reasons of thermal protection being suspected to be not totally adequate in the PolarCell case.

The Following User Says Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Belgium
I have to get an extra battery as well ...
It seems I can now barely can just make it through the day with my battery :-/ I hope Jolla sells an official one but I guess that won't happen :? I could ask the Zendesk but then I would have to sent the phone i guess and don't want to wait that long :P

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ vienna
A few months ago my beloved Jolla-Phone started to reboot at random times. I was not sure what the reason was, first thought it is a software problem. Then I ordered a new Polarcell Accu from wannsee-electronic in germany (btw in my case a very friendly dealer offering a first class service) via ebay.
Since I use the new battery in my phone it is stable again. No reboots so far.
Some words about the capacity: original black jolla battery is now at 7132mWh when fully charged. Polarcell accu started with 7259mWh. After 5 discharge/charge cycles it is now up to 7613mWh. This is really a really nice performance so far.
Hope this post helps other people in need of a replacement battery.

The Following User Says Thank You to starghost For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
I've been using the Polarcell one for almost half a year now, with no side effects that I'm aware of, and definitely better performance than the stock battery (albeit the stock one is probably weared out by now).

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 22 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ offshore UK
Originally Posted by Japsi View Post
Has anyone ordered spare parts for Jolla from following store?
http://www.maxbhi.com/jolla-jolla-sp...cessories.html

They are selling also LCD and touch screen and I am wondering if touch screen would include also glass... Did ask it from Live Support but question was too difficult..
Info gleaned from their facebook page suggests that they do not ship outside of India.

Last edited by vectis; 2016-01-03 at 19:35.

The Following User Says Thank You to vectis For This Useful Post:

Tags
battery, jolla, jolla phone