try Gizmodo.com

http://gizmodo.com/5308440/nokia-n97...okia-is-doomed

mostly on any given day , you can see atleast 10 apple/iphone/itablet/ipod/MAC... posts

Last edited by Satz; 2009-08-30 at 11:13.

The Following User Says Thank You to Satz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 78 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Melbourne
Hi Guys,

I'm really new here, and i'm also excited about the N900, since i was going to buy N97 and all of the issues stop me to getting one.

I never use any Nokia internet Tablet before, nor Maemo OS, but i know my Nokia N95 is still running good after 2 Years and nokia is not yet to disappoint me on their mobile device that i brought.

So, i was browsing the site and looking for available application for Fremantle or OS2009 i suppose? but i cannot find one on the download tab.

So is there any, ATM application for maemo 5 OS?

or i can use any application from the old Maemo OS?

Is it true that the final Maemo 5 OS version is not yet to be released? (will be released with N900)

Is there any other Websites i can go to look for the application?
(there is a lot of application available online in symbian)

is there any application store? or like official application website like OVI and apple store?

i'm sorry if my questions sounds silly but ireally want to know what kind of application i will have or be able to access when i got the phone.

thanks =)

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
I believe the N900 will sell like crazy no matter what.

But based on past experience, it's return rates I worry about. We'll see if this really does fulfill the apparent promise.
Texrat, why are you worried about return rates

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ D/NRW/Bonn
anyone interested in my x1??? have to sell my love for this asskickin n900!!!

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
Well, the guys in the Engadget podcast WERE clueless. I can understand the 'guys joking around', and 'good cop, bad cop' approach but making a tech podcast talking about a device with this level of informedness is just embarrassing.
there is a reason why i dont bother reading said page any more...

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Funny, Engadget seemed to be excited about the N900 when reading their blog posts. I didn't listen to the podcast though.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
had some fun with google trends:
http://trends.google.com/trends?q=ip...ate=mtd&sort=0

i do wonder how norway ended up as the second largest searcher for iphone tho

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
Funny, Engadget seemed to be excited about the N900 when reading their blog posts. I didn't listen to the podcast though.
Yup, me too... In fact this is the second or third reference to an Endgadget "podcast" that I've seen on this board alone.

Could it have something to do with driving hits that way?

If it is... it would be another example of a senseless "geek on geek" crime.

The Following User Says Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Basically they said it sucks because it's resistive, and that the Nokia design (device, logo, font and whatnot) is several years behind. They *kind of* said Maemo holds potential (manage to mispronounce it even though one guy actually tries to say it correctly), but absolutely no detail as to why do they think it's so. They also make a clueless comments about Symbian (it runs Symbian apps, right ? Umm, yea, it probably virtualizes it somehow... I guess). Peppered with a few internal jokes that's about it.

The stuff they said held zero, ZERO connection to what they wrote (or paid someone to write) in the engadget articles.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 38 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I'll talk to my compadres at CNET and I'm sure we'll have some N900 coverage for you in a few days. Of course, I don't know anyone at CNET, but I am an American and so do have a lot of influence. It's the weekend now, and no news happens on the weekend. But there will be coverage soon.
The N900 was launched on Thursday so the weekend excuse is just lame.

The N900 is huge news in the technology world- the launch of a "new" OS from the world's biggest mobile phone manufacturer - and not to cover it is either total incompetence or deliberate bias.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Espoo888 For This Useful Post:

Tags
fremantle, maemo, n900