Active Topics

Hi All,

I originally posted this idea here and below is an extract from that post.

Let me know if my idea/examples aren't clear enough and I try and explain better.

Originally Posted by Dexter1759 View Post

My idea is for a desktop widget that would allow you the flexibility to add your own counters (similar to how you can add multiple countdowns on the countdown widget) for:
  • Calls (HH:MM:SS)
  • Texts
  • 3.5G/3G/GPRS (Down)
  • 3.5G/3G/GPRS (Up)
  • WiFi Data

Perhaps someone might think up some others, but those seem to cover the basis I think.

The twist being that for each counter you add, you can either have a running total (that is can be zeroed at will) or set the "billing date". So for example If I wanted a widget with a counter that showed my total Texts sent, I'd add Texts without a billing date, and also add my text usage for the billing month I'd add a text counter with a billing date of, say the 17th, each month. So on that date it'd get zeroed automatically.

It'd also be nice to be able to set how many minutes or texts or data you get on your contract, so that you could set a threshold of say 90%, that when reached would cause that particular counter to go red. e.g. you get 300 texts a month, you set your threshold to 90%, then when your text counter gets to 270, it turns red.

So what do you guys think?
Apologies if I have done anything wrong in posting this here in the brainstorm.

Hope you guys like my idea.

Dex

Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
See Bug 2819 and 4110.

2819 was closed as Fixed in Fremantle (TM).

Also there is a brainstorm on the data monitor that fiferboy coded up. In the comments to that there were ideas to make it more full featured.

I would love to have a more intelligent counter as a native part of the OS.

The Following User Says Thank You to EIPI For This Useful Post:
Ah sorry, those bugs mean nothing to me.

Didn't realise the data monitor had been fleshed out to include other stuff. How do I add my ideas to that brainstorm, just find the thread here and post as normal?