Originally Posted by StocChr View Post
the problem is, i can not change to 2G ( GSM ) Mode
not when sim is ok and not when no sim is recognized
You mean that you are not allowed to switch to 2G or that when you try to switch you get an error/fail?

I have that problem, too.

I have a sim card (new one!) by O2 Germany - it worked fine the first two days, and now it seems that it is not recognized:
- The N900 asks for the PIN at startup
- The phone does not connect to O2
(- Offline mode is diabled, of course)

When I put in an T-Mobile Germany sim card (an older one which does not support 3G), 2G connections seem to work.

So, is this a firmware issue? And when does the new firmware come out?

Posts: 306 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austria
i flashed new firmware, new eMMC... sim card not recognized!

RX-51_2009SE_2.2009.51-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin
RX-51_2009SE_3.2010.02-8_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin
RX-51_2009SE_1.2009.41-1.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin

what can i do?

I'm testing new firmware right now. I'll let you know.

at least UNTIL NOW situation seems to have improved. SIM error only happens very rarely (until) now.

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ New Zealand
Hi guys

I wonder if you can help me as it seems I have a very similar problem. This has nothing to do with the last firmware update as about 7 hours before I got pr1.2 this issue started and has persisted into the new update. I was on a call and it dropped it. I looked at the phone and it had the “no simcard” symbol up. The weird thing was it then powered down and would not start up again unless I put it on charge. Odd as the battery was completely full. Anyway it had me beat. Today though I think I am closer to the problem. I noticed the no simcard symbol come up while just mucking about with my desktops and so switched it manually from 3g to gsm. Bang up comes the symbol and off goes the N900. Same thing required to get it going again. I put it back on 3G and it is good as gold. I have tried 2 other simcards and mine in other phones in all modes and they are fine and when in my phone give the same result. Any ideas? Send it back time? The problem is I am in NZ and so am probably not covered by warranty. Luckily the shop I got it from has a year’s return to base warranty. Thanks in advance

P.S I have had a really good look around here and the net and can't seem to find the same issue

P.P.S And now it shuts down if I try and establish a 3G data connection. I did a fresh reflash yesterday by the way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I flashed my n900 but sim card not recognized.then i used apt-get dist-upgraed then my problem was solved.

**Update ** between the battery and back plastic plate of phone seems to need to be the target of most of your paper squares.

Ok i have solved this problem.

One the second or third day of having my n900 i dropped it and have had the infamous no sim error on and off since.

After trying everything a few humble squares of thin magazine cover have solved my problem.

By placing cut squares of paper between the sim and battery and battery and back case the problem has been resolved.

I know this sounds stupid but without the paper cut outs the sim error returns.

My phone would often not start and would continue in a boot cycle this has also been fixed.

just keep adding slices of paper until problem solved. I hope this helps others as much as it helped me.

Last edited by adambennett; 2010-06-13 at 08:42.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adambennett For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dirkjl View Post
It has been a week now since I flashed my N900 with the vanilla firmware after that I have flashed it with the latest firmware. Haven't seen the 'no sim-card' symbol since.
I am having the same problem,
I re-flashed my device using following files

RX-51_2009SE_1.2009.41-1.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin

RX-51_2009SE_3.2010.02-8_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin

I bought it from Dubai, now using in India with Vodafone..
the Sim card is not being recognized..

Please help

It's a known bug. Hopefully it will be addressed in the next releases. I hope...

Tags
n900, not recognized, problem, sim, sim card, sim problem