Hello, I just purchased an N800 and I could use some help using it to access the Starbucks AT&T wi-fi network (which you get free access to if you use a Starbucks card). When I try to access this network, I encounter two problems:

1) The N800 keeps prompting me for a password even after I type it in

2) I can't select the top item of a scroll menu selecting which AT&T provider I am using, because it's past the top edge of the N800 screen.

Any help for this newbie would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

Posts: 192 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Wichita, KS
sounds like the tablet's web browser isn't rendering the authentication page correctly. if you're feeling adventurous, you could try tear (an alternative web browser) or webkit (an alternative engine for the built-in web browser). otherwise, you might be out of luck.

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ South Florida
I have found that in order to login to the ATT wireless page I have to turn off javascript...

After you are logged in - youcan turn it back on.

Enjoy!

thanks for the responses (so far)- I will try the other browser. Um, how do I download it? (Remember, I'm a newbie)

and how do I disable Javascript?

Thanks
MS

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by mcsmcs View Post
how do I disable Javascript?

Thanks
MS
There is a checkbox in the webbrowser tools/settings GUI
It is called "Enable JavaScript"

Checked it is on - no check (which is what you want to log in to att wifi) it is off...

Posts: 900 | Thanked: 273 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Fresno CA USA
I use a $7.95/mo Boingo account with the N810. AT&T has a roaming agreement with Boingo. Boingo also works at McDonalds, many hotels and airports.
Personal Blog -- 3 Joe's Blog

N810 -- 5.2010.33-1

I've never had a problem with the AT&T hotspots at starbucks in NYC.

Make sure you are in full screen mode and if you have troubles clicking on things, remember that you can use the direction pad to move between clickable items on the webpage and the center button to click (for accepting the terms etc.) If you turned on "fit to width" in your browser, turn it off

The Following User Says Thank You to overfloat For This Useful Post: