Notices

Thanks for testing. Could you please tell me how your optimal queue would like?
-Shoud the queue tracks also be shuffled if you press shuffle?
-Should the tracks end up at the end of the queue?
-Should the queued tracks stay in the queue once they were played back?
-Anything else?

For the current implementation I tried to implement a similar behavior as in the official spotify application, but I'm open for other suggestions.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luke_dirtwalker For This Useful Post:
-Should the queue tracks also be shuffled if you press shuffle?
Yes I think so

Yes, or give us 2 add buttons, one for end and one for after current item

Not sure, I like both ideas. If not, it would be great to have the option to remove single items from playlist and all at once

The Following User Says Thank You to Morpog For This Useful Post:
A good queue would be a fifo one. No shuffle, no items stay in queue after playback. Any other behavior is a kind of dynamic playlist feature with name of choice or by sorting preferences, persisted or not over restarts.

The Following User Says Thank You to ljo For This Useful Post:
-Should the queue tracks also be shuffled if you press shuffle?
No. Personally, I build a queue to listen to songs in that particular order. Otherwise it would just be a playlist.

Yes.

No.

-Anything else?
Maybe add a 'Current Playback Queue' item to the main application page? I mean the one that you see directly after starting CuteSpot, with Inbox, Starred, etc. Perhaps the queue item could be placed directly below 'Inbox'? For me it would be the obvious place, and the older Spotify Desktop application also had that option (they removed it now, no idea why, annoyed me anyway )
I also like the idea of the queue being persistant over applications shutdowns

Last edited by ThomasAH; 2015-08-18 at 14:18.

Originally Posted by Morpog View Post

Yes, or give us 2 add buttons, one for end and one for after current item
I'd love to have two buttons!

When I create a queue/Playlist, I want to add the songs in the order I want to listen to them.
But sometimes, especially when listening to a long playlist with shuffle mode, I would like to listen to some certain song "right now", i.e. right after the current song.

So I would really love to have both options.

Okay so clearly insert at start and at end should be supported.
And I also like the idea of a persisting queue.

No shuffle would mean you would have to listen always in the order you insert.

What about repeat should played songs reappear?

What if you want to play the previous song? Is that even needed?

What about if you just want to play a playlist in shuffle mode (which I usually do) should that be a different concept from the queue?

It seems some of you have a rather clear idea how it should look like so it would be cool if you would just write down how you would use and interact with your optimal queue, not specific to my questions.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luke_dirtwalker For This Useful Post:
I think point of the queue is that you want to listen some songs in some order once. And maybe every now and then you might want to bypass the queue and get some song playing next (adding to the start of the queue would be nice feature). Getting back to once listened tracks is not necessary imo.

Anything else is a playlist. If you want to listen the same set of songs several times, you don't put them in queue but create a playlist.

Last edited by TemeV; 2015-08-21 at 10:58. Reason: typo

The Following User Says Thank You to TemeV For This Useful Post:
A quick question.... now that Spotify decided to go kind of NSA-route in their privacy policy, how much information they can pull from Jolla phone through the API used in Cutespot? Could this be just about the only way to circumvent the most questionable parts of their new policy?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulmaHerra For This Useful Post:
Short answer: Most certainly only your account information and that you use this application.

Longer answer: libspotify is just a binary library so I don't really know what goes on inside, but since the library was distributed before this statement one can assume it just does what it is supposed to do, and that does not include accessing any information of yours (except the account).
It can however access your disk at a specific location to cache data locally, and store songs for offline usage.

Thoughts on the policy change (not related to CuteSpot):
If you think about it, if you want a custom image in your playlist the android app probably needs access to your pictures, if you want to see if friends in your contacts use spotify as well, you need to access contacts. But then again since you give them access they could theoretically use the information in a different way as well.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to luke_dirtwalker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 645 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Finland
I want to report bug: When I search "Dethklok" and click that artist, Cutespotify always crashes.

Tested on PC and maybe it has something to do with that "Dethklok" page isnt that artists page as theres only one song (maybe someone just made typo). Correct artist is "Metalocalypse: Dethklok"

The Following User Says Thank You to Mikkosssss For This Useful Post:

Tags
meespot, qt5 wayland, sailfish, spotify, ubuntu touch