Active Topics

Notices

would it be possible to make an app like FM DVR so you could pause and resume and fast forward FM radio?

The Following User Says Thank You to quipper8 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
+1 to that... I was just thinking about that this morning

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Should be doable, unix/linux was made for this kind of thing. pipes and fifos and fun for all. I used to do something like this myself for recording live streams, then playing from the recorded file, so I can pause/rewind/fast forward without interrupting the stream. That was all in commandline with mplayer and friends.

maybe one of the developers of qradio or c fmradio could add this if we beg a little or entice him.

i have been using the radio in the office with headphones lately and inevitably someone interrupts me in my office in the middle of a surprising song or news item.

I'd also be interested in an app which could pause, resume radio and ff so I could sync it with the TV whenever they're broadcasting an event...

use darkice and some python... it is a pain but works.