Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Dared View Post
May I just say, to all those Tomi Ahonen haters out there who called him crazy - I bet you're eating your words now.
Nope. But I'm sure he'll publish some chart with some numbers attached to it soon enough.

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Nokia has alot of good HW engineers. Selling those to china would hurt USA/Europe even more.
Had. They were Eloped.

Didn't you read where Samsung opens it's first R&D center in Europe?

Also, I'll remind you that while fanboys keep bringing up that Ahonen is crazy, other tele-analysts mainly take his numbers dead seriously. He may have strong feelings for Nokia, but he's also an analyst who tend to be right.

I am not disputing that he acts crazy, but those who dispute his predictions are always wrong. :g

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by volt View Post
Had. They were Eloped.

Didn't you read where Samsung opens it's first R&D center in Europe?
Ofcourse they "open" it here, but do you think they do that for free or something? No, they take the best engineers/knowledge back to Asia. Its just irrelevant. Fact stand have less and less companys here.

Thats how it works. Same happened in Sweden. Huawei started center in Sweden besides Sony Ericsson.

I don't say it always is bad, sometimes it is good. But It now it really is bad IMHO. To few startups that lead somewhere in the long run.

Mostly because Europeans doesn't seem to care and also because younger people doesn't end university(if they even start) etc...

There is so damn much we could do too make European and the world better. Starting fresh companys in for example "energy recovery" etc... But we just sits here and hope "Asia doing it for us". Or also we invest those money in the ****ing weapon ashole industry almost because "men" think with theyr dicks instead of theyr heads

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2013-06-24 at 17:26.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I cant comment fully on what goes in Europe, but having been there, there is so much brain power, that i would expect more from the continent. Perhaps not enough risk takers? Less entrepreneurship?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
I cant comment fully on what goes in Europe, but having been there, there is so much brain power, that i would expect more from the continent. Perhaps not enough risk takers? Less entrepreneurship?
The brain is there. But not the money.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by NokiaN9KickYourAss View Post
The brain is there. But not the money.
so true

Originally Posted by mikecomputing
We have ****ing nothing left in IT:

No Facebook like
No UTube like
No Search engine
No Smarthpone OS if Jolla doesnt doing something that success.
Meh, IT is much more than Facebook and Google.
Besides, those companies also have research centers in Europe.

Sweden for example has an impressive game industry for its size (e.g. DICE and Massive).

The US has the biggest home market, which makes things far easier for internet companies and in general companies which rely on brand value. In Europe there is the language and culture barrier which makes it difficult for an internet company to gain the necessary scale. Spotify and Skype are exceptions.

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.
IDC just announced European shipment figures for Q1 2013.

Nokia has went from 8% market share last year shipping 2.3 million phones to 5% market share this year shipping 1.6 million phones. If this rate of decline continues, Nokia will probably be in the Others category. Incredible considering Europe is a core market which they dominated only a few years ago

We should all get behind Jolla (the true Finnish innovator) and buy their phone. It would be hilarious if the Jolla phone ended up outselling Nokia.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
High-tech funding is sort of ****ed up in Europe.

Number 3 shouldn't be there with <1% of Europe's population (1/16th of the size compared to the 4th, 1/12th of the first and second).

Tags
bring me beer, downward spiral, elop is nero, let's talk bs, lumiadickweed, lumiatard, nero fiddling, nokia bears, nokiastockrock, thanks for asha