Active Topics

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Melbourne
this thing slapped me today
tried the three line settings deletion that's been put out there and that worked for about 2 hours, then tried doing a reset of the phone to no avail, have just finished a software reset using phoenix and touch wood it seems to be behaving itself now after a few reboots, will see how it goes in the morning

The Following User Says Thank You to fezboy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Washington,Seattle
yup.me too..caught the bug a few days ago.command lines didn't work aswell as remove\add accnts. i dont feel like flashing i have a bunch of stuff setup.maybe when i have time.
off topic question:does anyone know any nfc headphones other than nokia essence?im guessing nxt year some manufacturer will brag abt it like its new...

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
The same happened to me after my N9 ran out of battery. But the following worked:
remove all accounts
reboot the N9 (this is important)
add the accounts again
optionally reboot to check if it has worked
Has this workaround stuck for you, even after reboots?

Originally Posted by fezboy View Post
this thing slapped me today
tried the three line settings deletion that's been put out there and that worked for about 2 hours, then tried doing a reset of the phone to no avail, have just finished a software reset using phoenix and touch wood it seems to be behaving itself now after a few reboots, will see how it goes in the morning
What do you mean by "3-line settings"?
Software reset using Phoenix, basically you just mean a RootFS re-flash right?

Originally Posted by playbutton View Post
yup.me too..caught the bug a few days ago.command lines didn't work aswell as remove\add accnts. i dont feel like flashing i have a bunch of stuff setup.maybe when i have time.
off topic question:does anyone know any nfc headphones other than nokia essence?im guessing nxt year some manufacturer will brag abt it like its new...
What cmd lines did you try? Did you remove accts, reboot, & then add?
Also try remove, full reset, & then add, another user claims that worked for him.

Re NFC headphones, there's a N9/x0 accessories thread...
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=78575&page=8
If a post or search in it reveals nothing, then a dedicated thread may be in order.

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-12-19 at 11:13.

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Melbourne
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
What do you mean by "3-line settings"?
Software reset using Phoenix, basically you just mean a RootFS re-flash right?
there were some commands listed in the following thread that seem to have worked for some "http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=79415"

with regards to phoenix, there's a button on the firmware update window that reads "SW Reset" and it was this that I used, had to re-setup accounts, passwords, internet connections etc but after more than a dozen reboots my settings have still stuck

Originally Posted by fezboy View Post
<SNIP>
1) Thanks.
2) Yeah so it's basically just another fw (rootfs) flasher app.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Has this workaround stuck for you, even after reboots?
Yes, it's fine so far. Even two reboots later.

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Washington,Seattle
What cmd lines did you try? Did you remove accts, reboot, & then add?
Also try remove, full reset, & then add, another user claims that worked for him.

Re NFC headphones, there's a N9/x0 accessories thread...
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=78575&page=8
If a post or search in it reveals nothing, then a dedicated thread may be in order.
oh i had the twitter problem so i did
gconftool --recursive-unset /system/http_proxy
gconftool --recursive-unset /system/proxy
gconftool --recursive-unset /system/osso
but didn't do anything....
yes i tried remove,reboot and add,it still disappear after reboot
today i just did a reset/clear device,problem was still there even with remove,reboot,add

so i went ahead and started nsu,told me i was already up to latest so i just click reinstall and what do you know everything works well like before. no problem so far. I did a bunch of reboot in case i was dreaming, my accounts logins are still remembered after reboot so cool.

I was surprised my music,rss feeds,and stuff on mass storage were still there. i though it would have been erased like the clear device option although it did erased the apps.

conclusion:so yea the problem isn't in the mmc/mass storage stuff

EDIT: after a few hours the ''bug'' reappeared...
i tried something, i only removed the nokia account and after rebooting it remembered my nokia username,maybe its suppose to idk.
also after rebooting i went to the feeds setting and only the facebook feed was on,the twitter feed was off saying the account wasn't setup.so i had to enter the twiter username and pw again.

Last edited by playbutton; 2011-12-21 at 06:23. Reason: eh

The Following User Says Thank You to playbutton For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by playbutton View Post
today i just did a reset/clear device,problem was still there even with remove,reboot,add
No do: remove accts + full reset + add accts....
You've already tried remove accts + reboot + add accts.
It's so weird & random, workarounds that seem to be permanent for some, are not for others etc.
I just hope there's enough info in that bug report, and that Nokia really has fixed it, as they claim!