What exactly is deactivated when developer mode is deactivated from the settings panel?

I have noticed that along with the removal of the terminal and SDK icons the ssh server is killed, however if I reboot the phone the ssh daemon is again running and listening. Shouldn't the deactivation be permanent?

Also if another terminal application (e.g. mtermite) is installed I can stil devel-su successfully through it even though dev mode is now deactivated. The only way to fully deactivate dev mode seems to be to uninstall it from the "manage applications" panel.

I would like to confirm with other users whether this is normal behaviour or it is just my phone??

I seem to remember the same thing happening for sshd with another n9 I had but not the devel-su behaviour. The harmattan developer notes imply that running services are deactivated when dev mode is deactivated and only the "tainted" aegis state remains in the panel, which is the sensible thing to do.
Also the output of /var/lib/developer-mode/activation.log states:
"developer mode (partially) disabled". Is the "partially" normal or indicates deactivation wasn't entirely successful?

any insights appreciated. I run PR1.3.

The Following User Says Thank You to theok For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
it only deactivates it from the settings panel. And keeps the packages on the system (it doesnt uninstall or disable anything).

If you really want to deactivate then you either reflash, or purge(uninstall) around 10 packages from the system manually.

Its a feature and it has always been like that from PR1.0 onwards.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Thank you very much for the clarification.

I don't want to remove it. Developer mode is one of the reasons this device is so great.

I was just wondering whether this was normal behaviour since it made sense that by deactivating dev mode using the switch I could temporarily turn off sshd and devel-su for security purposes and turn them back on when I need them.

Ssh is by default denied for root user. Developer account, if I remember right has random password generated by thr sdk app, so you are quite secure I don't mind disabling developer mode every day. Also I think that logging trought 3G to ssh is not allowed.