Notices

Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
Why not just use
QBW Command
Code:
echo "iwconfig wlan0" | sudo gainroot | grep ESSID |sed "s/.*ESSID:\"//;s/\".*//" ; echo "iwconfig wlan0" | sudo gainroot | grep Point | sed "s/.*Point: //;s/ //g"
This will display SSID and MAC in a widget.
You will not need the script or xterm then.

If you want to display anything else from iwlist just add another grep command.
hi
yes i know that script, but i need the iwlist scan command will give me the result JUST for SSID and MAC and Channel and quality , the other information like encryption key and other info i dont need them, can i grep just these info to my script ???

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
I currently have this on my desktop.
Code:
/sbin/ifconfig wlan0 | awk -F "[: ]" ' /Bc/ {print $13}' ; echo "iwconfig wlan0" | sudo gainroot | grep ESSID | sed "s/.*ESSID:\"//;s/\".*//"; awk -F "[. ]" '/0/ {print $6" %"}' /proc/net/wireless ; echo "/sbin/iwconfig wlan0" | sudo gainroot | grep Point | sed "s/.*Point: //;s/ //g" ;
This outputs
  • Internal IP
  • SSID
  • Signal Quality
  • MAC

As for channel, "iwconfig wlan0" doesn't show a channel so I am not sure.
Will have a go later.

Possibly try "iwlist scan" | grep channel

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
I currently have this on my desktop.
Code:
/sbin/ifconfig wlan0 | awk -F "[: ]" ' /Bc/ {print $13}' ; echo "iwconfig wlan0" | sudo gainroot | grep ESSID | sed "s/.*ESSID:\"//;s/\".*//"; awk -F "[. ]" '/0/ {print $6" %"}' /proc/net/wireless ; echo "/sbin/iwconfig wlan0" | sudo gainroot | grep Point | sed "s/.*Point: //;s/ //g" ;
This outputs
  • Internal IP
  • SSID
  • Signal Quality
  • MAC

As for channel, "iwconfig wlan0" doesn't show a channel so I am not sure.
Will have a go later.

Possibly try "iwlist scan" | grep channel
hi, serious thank you for your help but all these commands i already have them on my desktop.

what am trying to get when i click on the iwlistscan.sh ( you did created for me ) it will opens xterm and a lot of info, all i need when i click this iwlistscan.sh will show me only the SSID, mac, channel, quality.

Hi, I made first attempt for releasing qb-widgets easily.

I started new thread for dedicated discussion: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1178433
It describes how I managed to package qb-widget inside debian package and pushed it to the extras-devel.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AapoRantalainen For This Useful Post:
hey guys the qbw is giving me this error when i want to ussdquery.py *220#

QBW Warning! Possible Pango Markup Language inconsistent/unterminated Tag!

that's because the result of ussdquery.py contains the (&) character, how can this be fixed ??

i saw it in http://wiki.maemo.org/Queen_BeeCon_W...minated_Tag.21

how can i fix it please.

Originally Posted by moudy91 View Post
hey guys the qbw is giving me this error when i want to ussdquery.py *220#

QBW Warning! Possible Pango Markup Language inconsistent/unterminated Tag!

that's because the result of ussdquery.py contains the (&) character, how can this be fixed ??

i saw it in http://wiki.maemo.org/Queen_BeeCon_W...minated_Tag.21

how can i fix it please.
Have you already tried replacing it with escaped sequence piping through sed the output of the command?

PHP Code:
Nokia-N900-51-1:~# echo "pippo & pluto" | sed "s/&/&/g"
pippo &amppluto
Nokia
-N900-51-1:~

The Following User Says Thank You to No!No!No!Yes! For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by No!No!No!Yes! View Post
Have you already tried replacing it with escaped sequence piping through sed the output of the command?

PHP Code:
Nokia-N900-51-1:~# echo "pippo & pluto" | sed "s/&/&/g"
pippo &amppluto
Nokia
-N900-51-1:~
thanks it worked.

Originally Posted by stevomanu View Post
i think its possable check the wiki about halfway down just after advnce setting section you will see a picture test hot spot im sure thats it ..

http://wiki.maemo.org/Queen_BeeCon_Widget
oh yes that's the one am searching for but can someone make a script test please because i cant do it , i need a pro to help me

Hi there. I just started to play around with this programm, and i really think its awesome... though it lacks a little bit of tutorials imho. Nevertheless, i managed to do my own CPU Overclocking script with 2-state-icon...

buuuut: How can i change the "working" animation (the little bee with the heart)? When I want to access "/home/user/.queen_beecon" it says: "cant cd to...." the same if i try as root. There is a folder, called ".queen_beecon_dir" but its empty.

And secondly: Can anyone give me a tutorial or a hint, on how to make 2 QBW visible (change state from hidden to show) on click on another QBW... I quite dont get it how to edit their parameters...

thanks alot!

Hello, where I can see practical examples to make the most of Queen BeeCon Widget. Please demos.

thanks.