Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
HTTP 502 Days Of Bad Gateway
Yeap, and too much silence for that matter. Then again, it is the weekend and in fairness they haven't done any press release regarding the app[lication] store - only mailing list and twitter. I am no stranger to outages, and know that sometimes it's better to allow for a long outage to get proper service. Let's allow some time.

Other options, however, aren't a bad idea, and even Jolla encourages them :-)

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
Yeap, and too much silence for that matter. Then again, it is the weekend and in fairness they haven't done any press release regarding the app[lication] store - only mailing list and twitter. I am no stranger to outages, and know that sometimes it's better to allow for a long outage to get proper service. Let's allow some time.

Other options, however, aren't a bad idea, and even Jolla encourages them :-)
Also IMHO non developers should just shut up. There is no reason for them to enter that site yet because:

1. There is no device out yet
2. The site is for those making apps for sailfishos, atleast until device is out.
3. There site is beta and not yet ready
4. There is very few apps uploade so far so no point for non devs to enter the site
5. I am sure the people working hard to get it ready but sitting here pressing F5 on the site on weekend is just plain stupid because the developers has the right to not work on free time even if some people may think they shall work 24h/7 days.

(Btw. I dont point at you I just pointed to the one you replyed.. and similar people with no life outside TMO)

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2013-11-10 at 13:48.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Also IMHO non developers should just shut up. There is no reason for them to enter that site yet because:
Well, yes and no... you can't stop people from going to the site regardless. Maybe somebody isn't a developer yet, goes to the site, sees an application, gets an idea, starts developing, or contributing, or testing, or whatever? Also, curiosity is way too compelling sometimes.

If anything, if a lot of people go into the site it will give Jolla a good idea of the audience that is expecting, and will break it so that they have to fix it/scale it properly.

(Btw. I dont point at you I just pointed to the one you replyed.. and similar people with no life outside TMO)
I know, I didn't take it personally or anything. I am not developing anything (mostly due to lack of time), and I think I tried once a day, if that.

Unlike you, I do see value in anybody accessing this site, not just for the above, but also for the word of mouth. There may not be too many applications yet, but there will be, and non developers knowing about it is great for free marketing, as they will talk etc etc.

Weekend though, so the sailors deserve a rest

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
I am sure the people working hard to get it ready but sitting here pressing F5 on the site on weekend is just plain stupid because the developers has the right to not work on free time even if some people may think they shall work 24h/7 days.
Amen.

I so hate it when people expect those who work for their living to live for their work - only to fulfill our every desire as consumers. I'd rather have the folks @ jolla spend a day or two with their families than work on web servers. (Not that I assume many of them can these days.)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 182 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
Amen.

I so hate it when people expect those who work for their living to live for their work - only to fulfill our every desire as consumers. I'd rather have the folks @ jolla spend a day or two with their families than work on web servers. (Not that I assume many of them can these days.)
And please remember, it's Father's day today (at least in Finland).

The Following User Says Thank You to Metsämies For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
By keeping the threads Alive its safe to say that atleast x devices have been sold. Your welcome

I dont spend as Much time as some of you think over at TMO because i dont read nonsens my life style require a time effective lifestyle.

I don't think anyone expect jolla to do anything better than other businesses. Jolla system is far from critical and can be down for years and contain 1000s of bugs and still be accepted so I hope they enjoy their weekends and fix the issues during the coming weeks.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
Amen.

Do not forget that we also work and provide service to others in our work, and we also work to get paid to get the devices from Jolla. So it's fair enuf

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
Do not forget that we also work and provide service to others in our work, and we also work to get paid to get the devices from Jolla. So it's fair enuf
I only work during my office hours. My employer doesn't own me, you know. I have a life.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I only work when I wants to. If you are smart enough you let others do the work so you can post atTMO...I have no life

Now. Let's hope this store will be up and running within 24 hours otherwise I'm going apple store. Let's roll the dice...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-11-10 at 20:00.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
I cant post so serious comments like yours. I just laugh at users comments here, don't stop it please!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post: