On the N9 when one gets an SMS it nicely goes into a thread, and shows the sender/recipient name on the top. Now when one taps the corespondent icon, N9 brings up the address book entry.

But is there a way to identify the exact phone number the SMS came from? I have multiple numbers for some contacts and would like to know which one the of same contact numbers the SMS was sent from.

Thanks!

P.S. Does Nokia Suite 3.2 allows for sending SMS via N9? I installed it as suggested 3.0>3.2>disable upgrades. Sync SMS works fine, BT tethering works fine, but can't send SMS

Last edited by Discoveryellow; 2012-03-14 at 02:29.

this is the behaviour on N900 also , couldnt find a solution

Before you click the thread it says what category the number is from (mobile, etc) if you have it already saved for that contact, right next to the time stamp and name.

I just use the old Nokia PC suite, seems to work okay.

Last edited by narzix; 2012-03-18 at 11:32.

Originally Posted by narzix View Post
Before you click the thread it says what category the number is from (mobile, etc) if you have it already saved for that contact, right next to the time stamp and name.

I just use the old Nokia PC suite, seems to work okay.
Completely not sure what you meant. I tried poking around the Messaging atpp per your suggestion but still not finding it

Good idea - I will give the old PC Suite a try for sending SMS. (I still don't get it why Nokia has deliberate excluded the N9 from the Suite support.)

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Discoveryellow View Post
Completely not sure what you meant. I tried poking around the Messaging atpp per your suggestion but still not finding it

Good idea - I will give the old PC Suite a try for sending SMS. (I still don't get it why Nokia has deliberate excluded the N9 from the Suite support.)
You can still use Nokia Suite up to 3.2.100 (you have to start with older version 1st)
Search this guide for "Nokia Suite"....
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...gEyYtfrDI/edit
You will see some links that explain everything you need to know.

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
You can still use Nokia Suite up to 3.2.100 (you have to start with older version 1st)
Search this guide for "Nokia Suite"....
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...gEyYtfrDI/edit
You will see some links that explain everything you need to know.
Thanks for reply!
I did follow such instructions before and that's how I got the Suite 3.2.1 installed on my PC and to link with the N9. It is however that SMS won't send from it, which is what I asked in my original post, after the inbox sms phone number question.

Does 3.2.1 work for you to send sms?

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by Discoveryellow View Post
Thanks for reply!
I did follow such instructions before and that's how I got the Suite 3.2.1 installed on my PC and to link with the N9. It is however that SMS won't send from it, which is what I asked in my original post, after the inbox sms phone number question.

Does 3.2.1 work for you to send sms?
3.2.100 works fine for me

The Following User Says Thank You to PhatApteryx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ New Zealand (working in China)
Just recently started to use Pc suite 3.2.100

Its odd, sending sms ia the pc seems hit or miss. Any solutions suggested?

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New Zealand
I find the Bluetooth connection hit & miss - once that works, SMS is fine.

Originally Posted by PhatApteryx View Post
I find the Bluetooth connection hit & miss - once that works, SMS is fine.
Does it work fine to send SMS plugging in your N9 via USB?