Notices


Reply
Thread Tools
explit's Avatar
Posts: 531 | Thanked: 1,334 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
#21
Originally Posted by dlas.revo View Post
So I guess there is no real chance that this issue will be resolved anytime soon. Jolla isn't interested anymore, so we have to live with it, right?
It's a pity, but nevertheless , I like SFOS really very much on the tablet.
Maybe not Jolla, but somebody else will solve this issue.
When there will be a big amounts of Aigo / Yoyota Tablets in the community, some clever guy/girl will solve this problem.

I will be in contact with all SailfishOS Community Members, who are working on Baytrail HW Adaptation.

Lets ask TheKid if this problem is also there on Onda Tablet.
 

The Following User Says Thank You to explit For This Useful Post:
explit's Avatar
Posts: 531 | Thanked: 1,334 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
#22
So i checked again on original Jolla Tab:
Same problem like on Aigo:
CPU Cores are always active and don't sleep at all.

So it's Adaptation Problem
 

The Following User Says Thank You to explit For This Useful Post:
explit's Avatar
Posts: 531 | Thanked: 1,334 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
#23
Found an option in Bios to change the CPU Settings from
"Maximum Performance" to "Maximum Battery Life" which will add a bit more Standby Time.

On Jolla Tablet the BIOS is newer than on Aigo x86, so enter the Bios Setup is possible by Hitting F2 on the Keyboard connected to USB via USB Host/OTG Adapter.

On Aigo x86 its a bit tricky: I didn't find a way to use USB-keyboard in Bios, but there is possible to enter the Bios Setup by pressing Vol+ just after the Jolla Logo is showing.
Afterwards you need to use Vol+/Vol- Button to navigate in the Bios-Setup.

Last edited by explit; 2017-07-15 at 06:55.
 

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to explit For This Useful Post:
BluesLee's Avatar
Posts: 331 | Thanked: 843 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
#24
How you deliver aliendalvik to that device? Did you just installed the package from the Jolla tablet and it worked out?
 

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:
explit's Avatar
Posts: 531 | Thanked: 1,334 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
#25
Originally Posted by BluesLee View Post
How you deliver aliendalvik to that device? Did you just installed the package from the Jolla tablet and it worked out?
I use the Jolla Tablet Image. Alien Dalvik is included in this package. The Hardware is fast the same like Jolla Tablet.
 

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to explit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 37 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Jan 2012
#26
I checked battery drainage of my Aigo.

Had flashed Aigo using ExPLIT's instructions.

1. Without touching BIOS:
Airplane mode, Android on: 100->39 %, 5.2 %/h
Airplane mode, Android off: 100->19 %, 5.3 %/h

2. BIOS, Max Battery:
Airplane mode, Android on: 100->30 %, 5.4 %/h
Airplane mode, Android off: 100->61 %, 5.2 %/h

Looks like BIOS setting does not have any effect, nor Android support.
Attached Images
 
 

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Heik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 37 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Jan 2012
#27
My Aigo with SFOS Jämsänjoki does not remember WLAN passwords. Or at least will not connect with earlier given password, signal strength is zero by the indicator. When toggling WLAN off/on, and selecting "connect to Internet" it finds WLAN (listing it as a new one), and after giving the password, it works without a problem.

Anyone having similar problems? Any way to fix?
 

The Following User Says Thank You to Heik For This Useful Post:
explit's Avatar
Posts: 531 | Thanked: 1,334 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
#28
Originally Posted by Heik View Post
My Aigo with SFOS Jämsänjoki does not remember WLAN passwords. Or at least will not connect with earlier given password, signal strength is zero by the indicator. When toggling WLAN off/on, and selecting "connect to Internet" it finds WLAN (listing it as a new one), and after giving the password, it works without a problem.

Anyone having similar problems? Any way to fix?
This bug was alredy mentioned on Jolla C. Should be fixed in official release
 

The Following User Says Thank You to explit For This Useful Post:
explit's Avatar
Posts: 531 | Thanked: 1,334 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
#29
Originally Posted by Heik View Post
I checked battery drainage of my Aigo.

Had flashed Aigo using ExPLIT's instructions.

1. Without touching BIOS:
Airplane mode, Android on: 100->39 %, 5.2 %/h
Airplane mode, Android off: 100->19 %, 5.3 %/h

2. BIOS, Max Battery:
Airplane mode, Android on: 100->30 %, 5.4 %/h
Airplane mode, Android off: 100->61 %, 5.2 %/h

Looks like BIOS setting does not have any effect, nor Android support.
Thanks for the info and tests. Thats bad. Lets wait for Youyota is coming out. The i486 adaptation should got better afterwards....
 

The Following User Says Thank You to explit For This Useful Post:
Reply

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:36.