Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by trx View Post
Can you point me to what you did to map those keys so i can try and test/fix it?
I just tested it with some more keys: yeah, it seems to not register any shift+fn+key combos, except for the one where my fn+N is mapped to a dead key. Anyway: *Point -->* http://wiki.maemo.org/Remapping_keyboard (I always find it odd that this isn't common knowledge among N900 users - knowing how to do this exponentially increased my N900 usability. I can also send you my N900's /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/nokia_vndr/rx-51 file, so you can text my exact keyboard map. (Just don't have your default language set to Russian, because my Russian keymap has only Russian characters, and doesn't support the Ctrl-Space for switching characters. I use Fn-Shift [Yes that's mapped so it's different than Shift-Fn] for switching layouts.

Originally Posted by trx
Good point, i have implemented that, expect it in the next version..
Cool, glad to hear it, thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 80 | Thanked: 237 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Serbia
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
I can also send you my N900's /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/nokia_vndr/rx-51 file, so you can text my exact keyboard map.
Sure, send me your config...

TRX.

Merry Christmas.

rx-51.txt

I presume you don't need to be told to backup the relevant file. This is the original file, just copied over with the name "rx-51.txt" since talk.maemo.org doesn't like files without an extension as uploads. So there's no metadata that things like notepad/wordpad or whatever leave in .txt files.

So, just mv/cp to /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/nokia_vndr/rx-51

Edit - "original file" is bad wording choice. I mean, it's my current file, but it's the exact copy of it, not a copy-paste of the text in it.

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2011-04-21 at 05:21.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Can you please test those keys on other Qt apps, and see if they work? It seems that GTK handles them "properly" while Qt does not( at least the apps i tested). Can you confim this?

Edit: I have confirmed it, this is a Qt bug, and Qt guys said "custom key maps are not supported" :/

TRX.

Last edited by trx; 2011-04-21 at 12:24.

Yes; I only have one other Qt app off the top of my head installed currently (probably others I don't remember); namely, QtIrreco...

And you're right, the only custom-mapped button that works there is the same one that works for me in TxPad "[", for which the fn-key button is remapped to a dead instead of standard key.

Annoying, this is, and I have some Qt people to complain to no doubt. xkb is pretty standard on Linuxes, no?

Anyway, thank you for taking the time to investigate my issue. Much appreciated.

Are there any feature requests or bugs noticed?

TRX.

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mexico DF, Mexico
Nope till now, this program is very nice.
Thanks for this app!
N900 registered as Linux Machine # 426325

Last edited by strange1712; 2011-05-08 at 23:17.

The Following User Says Thank You to strange1712 For This Useful Post:
New version, 0.7.0 is now in extras-devel... Check the first post for the change log..

Enjoy.

TRX.

The Following User Says Thank You to trx For This Useful Post:
Thanks again trx! Great work you're almost competing it to windows' notepad++

The Following User Says Thank You to Radicalz38 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by trx View Post
New version, 0.7.0 is now in extras-devel... Check the first post for the change log..

Enjoy.

TRX.
Very nice, especially the TeX syntax highlighting. Would it be possible to add word wrapping? Latex lines tend to be quite long.

Cheers,
Torsten

The Following User Says Thank You to tsadowski For This Useful Post:

Tags
txpad