Originally Posted by caco3 View Post
did you uninstall sleepanalyser first?
and is the error then gone?
before you reinstall it, see what "apt-get install -f" sais.
According to http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...alyser/1.6-54/ it should be dependent on python2.5-qt4-common 4.7.5-maemo1
Yes, Sleepanalyser was already uninstalled (in fact, it has been uninstalled for some days now, ever since the problem first surfaced).

Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
what sais "apt-get install -f"?
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

what sais "apt-get install -f"?
"0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded."

Sorry, but I'm afraid this is not very helpful.

Pleas show me the output of
"dpkg -l | grep python2.5-qt4-common"
it should be
"ii python2.5-qt4-common 4.7.5-maemo1 Shared files for PyQt4"

if it does not show it as version 4.7.5, you can try to reinstall it:
"apt-get install --reinstall python2.5-qt4-common"
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

Last edited by caco3; 2010-11-08 at 23:17.

wierd...got notified of an update to sleep analyser so tried to update it, only to get told dependency on 4.7.4 issue, which caused it to remove itself, all the python packages and another app - pyRadio which I've had the same issue with. So it was now in a clean state..
Tried re-installing. No joy. Same issue.
Tried again today and works fine.

Two possibilities. Yesterday was using faster app downloader - today just the standard app downloader.
Also - shut down phone overnight and rebooted.

Either way now working fine.

Thanks caco3 for the work!

I'm a windows programmer myself so I don't know anything about linux programming and the dependencies - but from what I've read since this PR1.3 update screwing up several apps it seems possible to have a dependancy on python2.5-qt4-common but without tying it to a specific version.
I don't know how one goes about this, but it would mean that you future proof sleep analyser against any future updates to python2.5-qt4-common.

Pleas show me the output of
"dpkg -l | grep python2.5-qt4-common"
it should be
"ii python2.5-qt4-common 4.7.5-maemo1 Shared files for PyQt4"

if it does not show it as version 4.7.5, you can try to reinstall it:
"apt-get install --reinstall python2.5-qt4-common"
Sorry for the late response, but I caught the cold and didn't much feel like surfing the net the last few days.

The output is exactly how you said it should be, but I still can't install Sleepanalyser. Even though I try to install the latest version 1.6-54, I get a missing packages error: python2.5-qt4-common (= 4.7.4-maemo0).

However, when I try to install not via the original app manager but with Faster Application Manager, I get the following error in the log, as before:
"The following packages have unmet dependencies: sleepanalyser: Dependsython2.5-qt4-gui
Depends: python2.5-qt4-core
E: Broken packages"

??

Just for the record: I have just upgraded Power Kernel (v40 > v42) and now Sleepanalyser could be installed without any problems.

Hi all

I would like to let you know that there is a new development version of SleepAnalyser (1.7.x).
I added a new algorithm to visualize the sleep pattern. As it is very CPU intensive and therefor very slow.
Also I started to make the graphs a bit nicer. More GUI improvement and other requests will follow.

I created a c module for python to speed the rendering up, but am struggling to get it compiled with the autobuilder. I compiled it on my phone, so if you want to test it, you can copy the attached mylib.so to /opt/SleepAnalyser/lib/
When you start SleepAnalyser, it will tell you on the start screen, if the module is working. Please let me know if it sais "Mylib is not compiled" or you get an error.

Update:
I now could build the module on the server, see post 231.
There is no need anymore to install the module manually.
Attached Images

and more...

Last edited by caco3; 2010-11-22 at 15:29.

The Following User Says Thank You to caco3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 87 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sorocaba, Brasil
Hi I just copied mylib.so to the indicated path. It is really found but SleepAnalyser issues a really long message error about being unable to load the module and ends.

So I've deleted it to make the program work again.

Posts: 370 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Italy
same problem here, SleepAnalyser cannot load the module

EDIT:
launching from terminal it outputs:
Configuration successful loaded from SleepAnalyser.conf
Application version: 1.7 Build: 7
Mylib could not be imported. Try removing/recompiling mylib.so

Last edited by jurop88; 2010-11-22 at 06:12. Reason: more info