Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
I'm pleased to announce that firstfan have released mscim-hangul module for mscim on fremantle / N900.

This allows for ctrl+space toggling of English and Korean input method on the N900. (Basically, native Korean hangul input)
It works in all input fields. SMS, Contacts, Conversations, MicroB, text fields on web etc etc.

I have been using the pre-release version of mscim-hangul for over a month now and I can say that it is the best way to input Korean on the N900 by far. Never had any stability issues.

2 packages need to be installed:
- mscim (mscim 1.4.7-1maemo9)
- mscim-hangul (mscim-hangul 0.3.2-1maemo3)

Both packages are available in extras-devel repository.
Once installed, go to Settings - MSCIM Input Method and ensure both checkboxes are checked.
You will then need to reboot your N900 for the mscim to start working.
(Also, every new update will most likely require a reboot as well)

To remove mscim and mscim-hangul, just uninstall both like any other application froom HAM.

Current known bugs/limitations are: (Using above mentioned versions)
- Virtual qwerty keyboard will not appear. (Not planned)
- Virtual symbols keyboard will not appear. (Currently being fixed)
- Word completion for English does not work. (Future planned)
- Auto-capitalisation for English does not work. (Future planned)
- No hangul-to-hanja character conversion. (Not planned)

A simple workaround for symbols is to actually install another mscim module for symbols.
It's called "mscim-tables-symbols" and this will allow you to switch to a symbol input mode.

Another method which I recommend is remapping your hardware keyboard for the extra symbols.
Remapping Instructions - http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...0&postcount=35

I would like to thank firstfan for allowing me to test the pre-release version and to support the Korean side of mscim.
Feel free to ask any questions or report any other bugs that firstfan and I have not noticed here.

Last edited by jakiman; 2010-02-06 at 02:45.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Seoul KOREA
thank you for good information.