Notices

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
Originally Posted by stew-b View Post
hey guys i installed this great app pn my n900 but didnt read the 49 pages before i did lol....
i used the imsomniac mode and now my back light stays on as is a known bug so how can i fix it now?
thanks!! and great work!!
Unfortunately, you can't use the Insomniac mode on the N900 as yet. Just go into settings and select a different screen timeout and reset it.
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

The Following User Says Thank You to cardiff-blues For This Useful Post:
Is the N900 one still being developed? Liking the app alot.

Not sure. There hasn't been an update notification on my N900 since I installed a while ago.
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

thanks guys,sorted

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
After flashing my N800, I cannot install the any Diablo version. I get a missing libhildonfm2 (>=1:2.0.6.1) Where can I find this file?

Edited: Sorry, I reflashed with an old OS.

Last edited by Den in USA; 2010-06-03 at 13:31.

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel.
Heh, funny story :

Last night I put flipclock to wake me in the morning,
in the morning I woke up 30 minutes AFTER i am suppposed to be at work, 1.5 hours after flip clock was supposed to wake me up.

I carefully checked to see what I did wrong, It did trigger, but there was no sound.

I suggest a mechanism to simulate the result of the configuration, so you can make sure it works, and get a warning if the application discovers it's not gonna make a sound.

Example :
1. The moment I hit alarm ON, or exit the window, the program will :
2. Check the MP3 file exists / check FM antenna existence.
3. Check the phone is not in any silent mode if that stops it from ringing
4. Check the deamon is running
5. Notify the user if something is wrong.
| DonateMe - If you feel I helped you in a very good way, feel free to donate |

Posts: 631 | Thanked: 837 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Milton, Ontario, Canada
Just wanted to give everyone an update... Spenc3 and I are still working on this app, we've both just been sidetracked for the last few weeks as we've each been on vacation and busy with day jobs/etc. Anyways out goal set right now consists of:
1) Get FM radio support on N900
2) Fix insomniac mode on N900
3) Publish another theme along with details/instructions on how themes can be built

Other minor bug fixes and features of course also need to be dealt with along the way. One of the major points is a "test sound" feature to make sure the MP3 you select will actually work.... though as I've been saying for the last 20 pages... if somebody could send me a sound file that DOESNT work I would try to see what the actual underlying problem is... as all the ones Spenc3 and I have tried work just fine...

Thanks!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jolouis For This Useful Post:
Thanks for your work on this app. I will probably use it everyday when the bugs are fixed.

Regarding the MP3 playback for the alarm I find it very hit and miss. Using the same sound if I go in and set it and come out again it will probably play. However, if I go in again and browse a few screens of the app and go back out without changing anything I find that the sound will not play when the alarm is supposed to sound in the morning.

So I can't say that it is because of a particular MP3 file as it will play sometimes and not others which leads me to believe that something is not quite right somewhere.

Ive been using this app as an alarm clock on my n900 for the last few days.

Only problem problem ive found is that the alarm is very quiet and only plays once. It does get louder, but not much!

Seems like the loop operation may only be active at full volume

Any one else tried a very short mp3, 2 seconds or less?

Originally Posted by eitama View Post
I suggest a mechanism to simulate the result of the configuration, so you can make sure it works, and get a warning if the application discovers it's not gonna make a sound.
I've found that certain mp3 files in my collection don't play as alarm sounds on my N800. It would be nice to have a way to verify that FlipClock can actually play the selected mp3 file. Maybe a preview button on the alarm setup screen?

I wonder about the underlying problem though. Does FlipClock have restrictions, e.g. max bit rate, for what it can play? Is variable bit rate supported?

The mp3 that won't play as a FlipClock alarm is fine on Canola and Media Player, so the file itself is OK.