Tune your media sharing settings.

If your phone is on PR1.2, TweakUp enables you to tweak some of the N9's media sharing options, such as
  • Enabling/disabling audio transcoding
  • Setting the name of the device on the network
  • Sharing of all media files, even those without DLNA profiles
  • Enabling/disabling uploading
  • Setting a home access point

I previously announced a "preview" in my blog, but now
it's available in the store as well.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to phako For This Useful Post:
If you want to help translating TweakUp, I've set up a transifex instance here:

https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/TweakUp/

Oh, and I forgot to mention that the source for TweakUp is available at https://gitorious.org/helium/tweakup

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Thanks for the app! But a small bug report: I've noticed the slider for strict media sharing is inverted at application start. Thus, if the config file says "strict-sharing=false" and you start the app, the switch is disabled, and vice versa. I guess you forgot a ! in line 87 of MainPage.qml

The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Fuzzillogic View Post
Thanks for the app! But a small bug report: I've noticed the slider for strict media sharing is inverted at application start. Thus, if the config file says "strict-sharing=false" and you start the app, the switch is disabled, and vice versa. I guess you forgot a ! in line 87 of MainPage.qml
Oh, where did that go? Thanks!

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
With TweakUp, I have to add access point if I want to connect to N9's DLNA server, is it possible to allow all or add multiple access points ?

Originally Posted by Kozzi View Post
With TweakUp, I have to add access point if I want to connect to N9's DLNA server, is it possible to allow all or add multiple access points ?
For all interfaces just leave the field empty. It's not possible to define a group of interfaces.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Great work.

Noticed the option "share media files without dlna profile" switches to off after closing app.

Nice indeed

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Originally Posted by afaq View Post
Great work.

Noticed the option "share media files without dlna profile" switches to off after closing app.
That's the bug I mentioned. It's purely optical, when you enable the option it stays enabled.

You can fix it yourself: edit, as root, the file /opt/TweakUp/qml/TweakUp/MainPage.qml and change line 87 from "checked: upnpSettings.strictSharing" to "checked: !upnpSettings.strictSharing" (note the "!") Then it works OK.

The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post:
Pushed a fixed version to the store today, including translations to French, Italian, Arabic, Spanish and German.

Btw. if anyone thinks his/her language is missing, just pop by at the Transifex project: https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/TweakUp/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phako For This Useful Post: