Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
Hi All

I made 2 applications (SleepAnalyser and ShipRolling).
Both are in Extras-Devel for a while and I would like to move them into Extras-Testing, so I can get more feedback.
According to http://wiki.maemo.org/Extras-testing/QA_checklist I (or somebody else) has to fill out the QA check list. But where does it have to be submitted to? The wiki does not say anything about that.

Thank you for your help.

Last edited by caco3; 2010-07-11 at 20:17.

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Norwich, UK
The QA process is to get an app from testing to extras, and relies on testers testing the software for you, which we'll do once the app is in testing.
To get it from devel to testing in the first place, login to your maemo.org account and access each package's page within the package interface, and you should have a "Promote" button which will move the app from devel to testing.
Then, once (if) the app passes all the testing requirements, youll get another "Promote" button to move it from testing to extras.

Hi nidO

Thank you for your quick response.

I had a look on my latest package: http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...nalyser/1.2-2/
But I can not find any promote button there.
I am logged in, so thats fine.
Might it be that it does not show up because of the missing bug tracker link?
This is actually another issue I do not understand.
I use the py2Deb script. It had already an p.xsbc_bugtracker link to the Memo page. I changed it to my email adress, but it still seems not to work

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Norwich, UK
You can promote packages to testing without a valid bugtracker (unless the package system has been altered recently to prevent that) but it will be promptly rejected by testers, as having one is a requirement to pass testing.
I'm not sure why else you'd be missing the option to promote the package though.
About the lack of bugtracker, your current debian/control file uploaded with the current devel version seems not to have an xsbc_bugtracker field specified, if you add this it should show fine.

I could fix the missing bug tracker. It was because of the bug in the py2deb package which is already documented in the wiki.

Now I also get a promotion button

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by caco3 View Post
Might it be that it does not show up because of the missing bug tracker link?
This is actually another issue I do not understand.
I use the py2Deb script. It had already an p.xsbc_bugtracker link to the Memo page. I changed it to my email adress, but it still seems not to work
If you're using an email address, you need to use the format "mailto:name@domain"