Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
What the heck is Meego anyway. Meego...Ugo....iGO ....wiiGO
In English "meego" seams like "Me go" or I go.
For some latin languages "meego" is pronounced similar to "amigo" that means friend.
Let's wait to see if going to Meego will be a good decision and if it is really user friendly.

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Turin, Italy
After watching that video I had breathe deeply and remember why I still have faith in MeeGo!

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
MeeGo will be a good thing once it will be complete. Judging any software by its pre-release state is just dumb. We should judge it when it's no longer beta and after it matured somewhat.

The Following User Says Thank You to Venemo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
I seriously doubt it will come by the end of October. You can quote me on that.

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Lebanon
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
I think there is still a lot of misunderstanding about the MeeGo thing. The N900 *HAS* MeeGo support, there are paid developers working on it, you can download public weekly builds, etc. The announcement about no official support was for MeeGo-Harmattan (yes, I believe it was extremely poorly formulated). Therefore, it is not exactly a surprise that at some point, the N900 will get MeeGo 1.1. Whether you want to (or can) use that on a daily basis is a whole different story.
I think they are paid to do that by nokia to keep n900 active because nokia doesn't have time to support it.

The Following User Says Thank You to agdroubi For This Useful Post:
What will be the difference between Nokia N?(X)? with MeeGo in the future and the MeeGo we can install on our N900?

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Ireland
Originally Posted by imperiallight View Post
I seriously doubt it will come by the end of October. You can quote me on that.
Done!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to God's Toy For This Useful Post:
The chance of Nokia delivering on any shipping promise is equal to the probability that pig spontaneously grow wings and fly.

Sorry if I'm a pessimist but Nokia's track record for the last 5 years hasn't been great.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
So n9 will not have "real" meego? step 1 of 2?

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Originally Posted by eikido View Post
What will be the difference between Nokia N?(X)? with MeeGo in the future and the MeeGo we can install on our N900?
Different hardware - different available resources. It is guessed that N? would have more memory, faster CPU etc.

The Following User Says Thank You to egoshin For This Useful Post: