Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
When you guys mention the H264 video, make sure to tell us what profile it is using at least. There is a world of difference in performance between base profile and main profile on the N900/N9 DSP.

My N9 can play 1280x720p H264 Base profile without issues. But It cannot play even 800x480 H264 Main profile properly. (around 10-15fps)

Damn tried to do this in N900 itself...
Could anyone please tell me how do i put the N900 in usb? I mean which mode? Mass memory mode in linux?
Tried reflashing my n900 and all i have is reboots after reboots and time waiting..

Last edited by zylor; 2011-10-11 at 12:25.

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ India
guys can anyone help me with this.. this is the second time this is happening.. whenever i take photos it says"unable to display" and image size is 0kb.. but when i change my camera settings to show image for 4sec it shows the image perfectly.. but it doesnt show me the image after that.. this is turning out to be a nightmare to me..pls help PS: i have flashed my phone once and again it shows like this..

EDIT:camera does not take more than two pictures(new disorder)

Last edited by visN900; 2011-10-11 at 15:12.

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by visN900 View Post
guys can anyone help me with this.. this is the second time this is happening.. whenever i take photos it says"unable to display" and image size is 0kb.. but when i change my camera settings to show image for 4sec it shows the image perfectly.. but it doesnt show me the image after that.. this is turning out to be a nightmare to me..pls help PS: i have flashed my phone once and again it shows like this..

then, you haven't flashed both eMMC and rootfs images..

Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
When you guys mention the H264 video, make sure to tell us what profile it is using at least. There is a world of difference in performance between base profile and main profile on the N900/N9 DSP.
FWIW my test videos have been H264 Constrained Base profile.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Just a little status update on camera stuttering - it seems that it is the DSP bridge driver which suffers from reduced performance or sync issues, that's why now I am backporting driver from Harmattan to see if it changes performance. It takes longer that I would like, but...

As soon as I have some update I will make post with new findings.

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by visN900 View Post

Or simply your MyDocs has become corrupt and therefore is not mounted at all? Try
Code:
sudo gainroot
umount /home/user/MyDocs
Ignore the error if there was nothing mounted
Code:
fsck -af /dev/mmcblk0p1
mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /home/user/MyDocs
If you still get errors, you should open a separate thread to get the appropriate help without cluttering this thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 308 | Thanked: 729 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Athens, Greece
I fail to see why you are trying to playback 720p videos on a 480p display with digital 5.1 sound on stereo speakers

Even with the TV out, you will still get a stretched and pixelated 800x480 out on your 1920X1080 screen (3.5mm jack does not support HD out) and of course none of the digital multichannel sounds (3.5mm jack does not support Dolby or DTS out either)

With 480p videos you get 6 times as many movies in your storage, as 480p videos are a 6th the size, and exactly the same quality on our 800X480 displays

So... you are leading your device to a very probable reflash or worse, for a chance to achieve absolutely nothing?

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
Originally Posted by zifis View Post
I fail to see why you are trying to playback 720p videos on a 480p display with digital 5.1 sound on stereo speakers

Even with the TV out, you will still get a stretched and pixelated 800x480 out on your 1920X1080 screen (3.5mm jack does not support HD out) and of course none of the digital multichannel sounds (3.5mm jack does not support Dolby or DTS out either)

With 480p videos you get 6 times as many movies in your storage, as 480p videos are a 6th the size, and exactly the same quality on our 800X480 displays

So... you are leading your device to a very probable reflash or worse, for a chance to achieve absolutely nothing?
Im not going to re-encode 4tb worth of 720p media to 480p.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to azkay For This Useful Post:
720p now playable.. but lil laggy ..

Tags
balls, gpl violation, hackjobs, lgpl violation, nokia, upgrade..., video player