Posts: 311 | Thanked: 376 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Hungary
Originally Posted by bingomion View Post
http://groups.google.com/group/beagl...7476e358?pli=1

the Beagleboard has the same processor and it's linux
Beagleboard uses a higher clocked CPU than the N900 and the same GPU, and they were able to see a "slideshow" with the Flash 10.1 plugin, so I think we are better off with our 9.4. We might even consider offering them our, 9.4 they might get better performance with it on Beagleboard too. Also the said thread is a year old, maybe they have something better now?
Also I hear HP considers selling WebOS, so maybe sooner or later we will have a WebOS flash plugin to play with.

The Following User Says Thank You to zdanee For This Useful Post:
Looks like Adobe have killed off Flash Player for mobile:
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/perlow/exc...on-html5/19226

Our best hope for a more recent Flash player version remains finding a device with the same ABI and libraries as the N900 and a newer flash version copying the Flash plugin from there.

That and convincing those sites that require flash to work to offer an alternative version that works in the N900 browser. (and possibly also updating the N900 browser with a newer Gecko version that supports more of the HTML5 stuff necessary to handle these HTML5-as-an-alternative-to-flash web sites)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jonwil For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jonwil View Post
Looks like Adobe have killed off Flash Player for mobile
That discussion is in this thread:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=79827

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Romania
No news about a flash update on maemo?

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by ctl View Post
No news about a flash update on maemo?
There will never be official support for 10x for Maemo5x.
And it'll forever remain problematic to get it running perfectly via unofficial means.

If you're asking about 11x for maemo6x (meego-harmattan) that's still up-in-the-air.
Read from here till the end of the thread....
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=74438&page=7

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
It would be so much easier to live if Flash content would never have existed. Instead of crappy, blood sucking Flash Player, Adobe could make something that runs normally on mobile phones like Nokia 5800.
  3. Nokia 6110 Navigator (Black)
  4. Nokia N900
  5. Sony Xperia Z1
  6. Nokia 8

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ India
guys when i specified version manually in"TWEAK FLASH VERSION" to 11.1.61.0 and when i went to the official adobe page it says"FLASH PLAYER SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED YOUR CURRENT VERSION IS 11.1.61.0". does this mean i am using flash 11??? or is it just a prank??but after updating flash i didnt get the msg in FB saying"update your flash player" when i click on "create albums"

PS:sorry if its already asked and answered..

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Spain
No, you are not using flash 11. You will be able to use flash 9 engine generated contents but that were "marked" as flash 11 contents. I'm not sure about what I'm talking about, but I remember that someone in this forum explained this. That's why it is Tweak Flash Plugin.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jpala16 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
event n9 hasnt flash player plugin

Tags
adobe, adobe flash, blahblah, flash, flash 10, flash 10.1, fremantle, future, idiotic thread, maemo, maemo 5, nokia, nokia fails, update