Notices

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
To start off I have no glue what so ever about building anything to the N900. But I was wondering if someone would be interested in making a "now playing" app. I was playing music in background while surfing the web and when the track changed I thought if it would be hard to make a notification of what the new song was. Something similar to those yellow SMS/email would be awesome. And with a possibility to press the notification to get to the player would seal the deal.

If think this might be pretty easy to do. There was some talk to older products but I didn't find anything to maemo5. Sorry if there was something..

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 247 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ London/M4 Corridor
The change in track is probably send out somehow, as the FM Radio transmitter knows to send new song titles out over RDS when a new song starts playing. Try watching what happens on the system message bus with the "dbus-monitor" command in an xterminal when tracks finish.
http://www.eff.org.

The Following User Says Thank You to Alan_Peery For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Alan_Peery View Post
The change in track is probably send out somehow, as the FM Radio transmitter knows to send new song titles out over RDS when a new song starts playing. Try watching what happens on the system message bus with the "dbus-monitor" command in an xterminal when tracks finish.
Yep, well, as I said earlier: when it come to these things my skillset is pretty much none I use this device as a mobile internet and an in-car media device. But I was wondering if there was any demand for this kind of a thing and more then that; someone with the knowhow and the interest to do it.. As you said the fm-transmitter does send the song info to the radio so it should be doable.

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
+1

= me would want

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ bournemouth
ohhh starman wants also

http://wiki.maemo.org/General_precautions

and FYI - dont be a n00b and copy and paste commands into the Terminal with out knowing what it doe's and what you'll need to do to correct any problems.

gime gime gime