Changing it on PC didn't work for me either.
Maybe a stupid question but where exactly on the n900 do I find the prefs.xml? I didn't even find the java folder.

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Apeldoorn area, Netherlands
Editing the prefs.xml worked for me. I am able to log-in properly and add contacts. Little question. The contacts don't need the country code do they?

What I did on the n900:

Step 1: Installed the Oracle JRE : http://uppit.com/p1glvshnvgn6/oracle...e-1.6.0u30.deb

Step 2: Installed WhatsApp : http://uppit.com/t79j5q219iux/whatsa...0.0.4alpha.deb

Step 3: Opened up whatsapp.

Step 4: Filled in the details. (Phone number + IMEI code)

Step 5: Got an sms with my activation number

Step 6: Opened up prefs.xml using:

Code:
cd ~/.java/.userPrefs/org/peterbjornx/whatsapp/storage/

vi prefs.xml
In my example i'm using vi, but you can also use Midnight Commander. Thanks Ozymandias.

Step 7: Edited the <entry key="PHONENR" value="YOURNUMBER"/>

Step 8: Save it and open up Whatsapp

Step 9: Fill in the Whatsapp code you got via SMS.

Step 10: Add your contacts

Little questions I still have.

How to delete contacts?
What does a red square and a green square mean?

Last edited by Wreck; 2012-04-23 at 21:16.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wreck For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by michaelmhk View Post
Thanks everyone who work for the Whatsapp port and the java jvm tutorial on N9.
I've just make the port run on N9 but I can't find a way to type number even with the btinput.
Only a-z work on my bt keyboard. It a shame n950 not sold publicly.
I can use the .jar on my PC and with the voice verification.
Great work!

btw, this is my first post
So do you find a way to type numbers in your N9???
thank you!

Posts: 111 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by msantoni82 View Post
So do you find a way to type numbers in your N9???
thank you!
no, I just bypass the verification by copy the verified information from my PC.

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Apeldoorn area, Netherlands

Bedankt peterbjornx en ffha!

Posts: 131 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Wreck View Post
Little questions I still have.

How to delete contacts?
What does a red square and a green square mean?
Contacts are stored in the same prefs.xml file, but they are encrypted, so we are unable to modify it by hand. Clear the contacts value and re-add all the contacts you wish to keep? :/

Red square = offline. Green square = online.

Originally Posted by Wreck View Post
Bedankt peterbjornx en ffha!
Ha, I hadn't even noticed that all three of us are Dutch until I read your post in our native language!

You're welcome, Wreck.

The Following User Says Thank You to ffha For This Useful Post:
Got it to work (had a different IMEI on the PC and the registry key for the phone nr had changed to "-", had to change it again, don't know if the IMEI was important) - registered on PC, logged in with n900.

Now. I managed to write to my n900 from my PC (which runs whatsapp with bluestack) and I can write myself back, however none of the contacts I input seems to work - what is the correct format for entering phone numbers - "+49[phonenumber]" ? (+49 being Germany)

Originally Posted by ffha View Post
Contacts are stored in the same prefs.xml file, but they are encrypted, so we are unable to modify it by hand. Clear the contacts value and re-add all the contacts you wish to keep? :/

You're welcome, Wreck.
Ah thanks.
Yeah I same some awfully long codeline.

Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Now. I managed to write to my n900 from my PC (which runs whatsapp with bluestack) and I can write myself back, however none of the contacts I input seems to work - what is the correct format for entering phone numbers - "+49[phonenumber]" ? (+49 being Germany)
I'm not able to test this yet. I filled my friends phone number in without the landcode, but it didn't work. He whatsapped me and I got his numeber back with +31 (Dutch) number. So my guess is you need the landcode.

Last edited by Wreck; 2012-04-23 at 21:00.

I managed to get it to work from my PC. I even added contacts and tested it and it worked, but now when i open whatsapp from my n900 it tells me to enter the verification code, i tried reinstalling whatsapp on my n900, but it still asked me for it. Can anyone help me?

Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
I managed to get it to work from my PC. I even added contacts and tested it and it worked, but now when i open whatsapp from my n900 it tells me to enter the verification code, i tried reinstalling whatsapp on my n900, but it still asked me for it. Can anyone help me?
You can always copy the full peterbjornx directory to your phone. It's basically the exact same thing.

Tags
whatscrapp!