Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by imaginaryenemy View Post
I have never experienced the "swirl to zoom" that I have heard so much about. Is it really better than the double tap?
<ot>
N900 has both. Swirl can do an arbitrary zoom, unlike double tap which only zooms to the paragraph. Not much help if the paragraph is already wider than the screen.
</ot>

EDIT: I can live without widgets but something like a desktop or a home screen with only those icons that I choose would be a great plus. Every other OS has it (well OK, I don't know about iPhone, never had or wanted one). Too many icons are confusing.

EDIT 2: I have just (well, 5 days ago) discovered that the N9 has pinch to zoom That means I can strike #3 off my list

Last edited by pichlo; 2014-05-02 at 11:10.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
To give denizg some credit, there are things I am missing. In a descending order by priority -
1) A resistive touch-screen with a stylus for better accuracy;
2) A hardware keyboard or at least the cursor keys (the latter very badly);
3) A swirl-to-zoom gesture;
4) A home screen with shortcuts and widgets;
5) A camera lens cover;
6) A normal SIM card slot rather than the micro-SIM abomination;
7) An SD card slot.

All except #3 and #4 are hardware limitations though. I have yet to find what apps I might want that are not available in one way or another.
The N9 homescreen is actually its app drawer so yes there's something like an home screen. In my opinion widgets are outdated already. you can arrange icons in other of importanve or usefulness to you. and you can group them in folders too. sometimes i also look at my screen and wish i could just see a free screen with a clock and some notifications, but it seems the lockscreen does that already.
For me the apps that are missing on my N9 i can live without them but having them would be great.
1. A Good PDF reader with night mood, and reading mode.
2. photo editing app. most of the ones available have very few features and few filters also.
3. A nice web browser.
4. i still cant play some videos on this phone.
5. NO file archiver
6. Thats not all but thats all i can think of.

Am still very greatful to the developers and the community. i still wonder what this phone would have been like if everyone gave up on it.
i am not opportuned to jump ship to sailfish and somehow i like meego better. And have been waiting for 'nemo' &'Glacier UI'.

Posts: 411 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Australia
You can archive folders with filebox?

Originally Posted by DJJonosound View Post
http://www.oassf.com/en/media/images/facepalm-card.jpg
This is just lumiaman all over again.

You're a bit too late. Most people have moved to sailfish now.
the most correct thing you've said so far.

Originally Posted by Shadwblade2652 View Post
You're one of those hypocritical people who attempt to get people who are doing their best to do more. Unless you have something legitimately important to say, it's probably a better idea to not say it. I am absolutely fed up with your attitude towards the other users on this forum who are veterans of this place. I know I'm not the only one, your harsh words and blatant disrespect are bothering others as well. If I were you, I would heed the complaints of other users.
i've been here longer than you , now simmer down

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 228 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ Northern WI, USA
Seriously kid? Being here longer than someone doesn't make their argument invalid. Everything shadwblade said is right. You are rude, disrespectful, and you have a bad attitude. So why don't YOU try simmering down, or better yet leave all together. You contribute nothing but negativity to this forum.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kapu2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 206 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ CA, USA
Originally Posted by denizg View Post
i've been here longer than you , now simmer down
being longer doesn't mean anything I've contributed more to this forum than you have. If you don't want to contribute a good attitude then I suggest you sell your N9, buy a moto g, go on XDA, and pester them. That is still my suggestion.

I need some extra space for cloud storage. Help me get some! (You get some too)

The Following User Says Thank You to Shadwblade2652 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
No No No please dont go anywhere or sell anythingn We beg you to stay here and f**k the sh*t out of us

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Also send selected preveliged ones to exile .

Posts: 206 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ CA, USA
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
No No No please dont go anywhere or sell anythingn We beg you to stay here and f**k the sh*t out of us

I need some extra space for cloud storage. Help me get some! (You get some too)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shadwblade2652 For This Useful Post: