Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by WhitP View Post
I'm using Home Screen settings so N9QTweak isn't a good idea even if desirable.
Thankfully I haven't had any problems with the version posted here so 'if it ain't broke'......
Having said that I would also be interested to hear about improvements in the N9QTweak implementation
For the umpteenth time; HSS is compatible with N9QTweak as long as you don't use those few tweaks that HSS modifies!

I've been using both apps since their first versions and NEVER have had any issues...there are many many more people who do the same

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
yup, I use Homescreen Settings along with N9QT, and it works flawlessly. If you don't wanna "break" your phone, just don't use the same from both apps. Example: don't set rotation on from HSS app, then go and apply homescreen rotation mods from N9QT. Like, duuuuh.

Portfolio: AKstudios : : graphics with attitude.
Flickr: AKstudios
Twitter: @flopjoke

The Following User Says Thank You to flopjoke For This Useful Post:
If that is the case then maybe the warning in the 1st post for N9QTweak should be modified as no ifs or buts are mentioned
"If you use Home screen settings app, DON'T use N9 QTwaek – this can cause REBOOT-LOOP !"

I'm a cautious soul (in my work screw-ups caused by assumptions can and have been very expensive in time and money) and I have my N9 how I want it for the time being. As I've already got the tweaks I need in place and working fine I'm not looking to install N9QTweak at the moment so it's no big deal one way or the other....

Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
^ you're right in being cautious, but let me tell you..You're missing out a lot. N9QT has some amazing collection of tweaks.. You'll love your phone even more after using it.

But the warning in that first post is for people who blindly install the app without reading about it.. They see a deb file, they'll install it. So I think the warning is right. If you READ Schturman's PDF file, everything is explained in detail.. and you can't go wrong when you follow that.

besides.. The main point was Status Menu extensions. N9QT uses a newer and more stable version.. So you have nothing to lose either way.

Portfolio: AKstudios : : graphics with attitude.
Flickr: AKstudios
Twitter: @flopjoke

Last edited by flopjoke; 2012-09-24 at 02:35.

I was reading through the N9QT pdf, and it says that Status Menu Extensions will eventually be available via the Nokia Store. Does anyone know if this is still the case?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by genchigenbutsu View Post
I was reading through the N9QT pdf, and it says that Status Menu Extensions will eventually be available via the Nokia Store. Does anyone know if this is still the case?
Eventually

At this moment AFAIK there have been no submissions to the Store QA for it...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by WhitP View Post
If that is the case then maybe the warning in the 1st post for N9QTweak should be modified as no ifs or buts are mentioned
"If you use Home screen settings app, DON'T use N9 QTwaek – this can cause REBOOT-LOOP !"
I changed this warning in the first post

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Took the plunge and regretted it - I should have heeded my own advice. I had got things stable before but now I'm back to having serious trouble updating any paid apps from the store even with the usual workarounds :-(

I'll probably uninstall later and try and get back to where I was before...

After some serious messing around got all the updates done so I'm going to stick with the 'unstable' 0.5.6 status menu extensions for the time being as it works for me....

Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
I didn't have any issues with any of the versions of this, however, I just recently flahed to PR1.3 and now I am having issues with the latest version AND 0.5.6.
The flash light has stopped working and the reboot toggle fails to reboot.
Everything appears to be in order, including haptic feedback when buttons are pressed, but no functionality occurs. All other toggles work as they should.
Any guesses?