Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 398 | Thanked: 301 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Texas
I'm sorry, I just changed mine last night and thought I remembered exactly where it was. It's under the main settings.

Under:
Driver and car
Reminders
Units
Then Unit system, select US.

Frank

Originally Posted by RockCreek1 View Post
Sorry, but I can't locate that. Just been searching in "car settings" and elsewhere. Could you direct me to this further? Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Banul For This Useful Post:
Posts: 166 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by RockCreek1 View Post
Sorry, but I can't locate that. Just been searching in "car settings" and elsewhere. Could you direct me to this further? Thanks!
If you are using the N900 version, here is a screenshot from the Settings dialog which is available from the main menu:

When you open the settings, you'll need to scroll down a little bit to find the Unit system selection (it is not shown in the screenshot either)

I am very pleased with the response Fuelpad has got on N900. Over 400 downloads in about three days is quite a bit more than the versions for N8x0 ever got. Each new N8x0 version got between 100 and 200 downloads during the first few weeks (the total on the Downloads page is now over 2000).

Since I think that the Downloads page is not really meant for discussion, I'll try to answer some of the questions and comments here:

suggestion trip: i find it better if you put in km that the app calc the trip
Isn't this exactly how it works: fill the overall distance and tap the next field (any other) and Fuelpad automatically calculates the distance from the previous fill (the trip)? I have also implemented the vice versa: enter the trip and the overall distance is calculated. This feature will be available in the near future.

But I'm not sure the database would prefer to meet in /home/user/MyDocs/database.db
The database file was moved from /home/user/MyDocs/ on purpose since the sqlite based database could be corrupted when a USB connection to a PC is made. This decision was discussed in this thread earlier. A future version will probably include an improved import/export functionality which will allow to copy the database to MyDocs. Until then you will have to use XTerminal or some other way to copy the database file for backup purposes or whatever needs you have.

Bit of a stretch, but how about tying into camera, let user take a picture of gas pump (petrol pump i mean!) and detect/extract the amount of petrol pumped, price/liter, total cost, etc...
At first I thought that this would be completely out of reach but after seeing the PhotoTranslator app, I like the idea a lot. What we need is a widget which takes a photo, does the ocr and enters the data into the entry. This could be quite a general widget and useful for many applications. Anyone?

The Following User Says Thank You to jlu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Hi jlu,

I've noticed that if you move the db from the settings it is not updated in its osso-backup entry.
Consecutive backups will miss the db.

thanks

Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
Hi jlu,

I've noticed that if you move the db from the settings it is not updated in its osso-backup entry.
Consecutive backups will miss the db.

thanks
Hi Christos,

Which version of Fuelpad you have? Since the database open button has been removed since fremantle6.

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
Interesting app. A sync to spritmonitor I'd like very well!

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by jlu View Post
Hi Christos,

Which version of Fuelpad you have? Since the database open button has been removed since fremantle6.
ΟΚ. I have been playing for some time now with translating one more localisation and have blocked all updates. So basically the other day I voted for an older version

I'm happily now to 0.82-fremantle9 and its great. I have the impression you have improved a lot the statistics part. Maybe its also old news..

Thanks and sorry for the false alarm.

A new release 0.82-fremantle9 has just been promoted to Extras. This release is a bug fix only release fixing bug #5715.

Originally Posted by Frank Banul View Post
Hi,

Is there a way that I'm missing to have the sort options saved between runs? Date always comes up ascending. I would prefer to see the most recent entries.
I have just implemented saving the sort order and column and it will be available in a future release. It is not yet included in 0.82-fremantle9, though.

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lancashire
Nice useful app.

Last edited by ksh; 2010-03-02 at 13:47.