Oh ok, thanks for the answer
I'm just asking, I don't know.

The Following User Says Thank You to knobtviker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Changed the .ini on N950

High 4:3 4000x3000 12MP
High 16:9 4000x2248 9MP

Don't know about 3:2, maybe 3999x2666?

Anyway, the high 4:3 and 16:9 works well on N950. Although the top left corner doesn't show MP correctly after change.

This is so much better than stock camera, especially on my N950, the stock ui lags as hell on 512mb ram, now I can get rid of it!

Thank you!!
Attached Images

Last edited by chenliangchen; 2013-03-06 at 23:25.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 605 | Thanked: 1,778 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
Changed the .ini on N950

High 4:3 4000x3000 12MP
High 16:9 4000x2248 9MP

Don't know about 3:2, maybe 3999x2666?

Anyway, the high 4:3 and 16:9 works well on N950. Although the top left corner doesn't show MP correctly after change.

This is so much better than stock camera, especially on my N950, the stock ui lags as hell on 512mb ram, now I can get rid of it!

Thank you!!
Glad it works for you but please take care to close the application after using it otherwise the GPS will continue to run

The top-left corner cannot show it correctly because there is no icon for the new resolutions

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MSameer View Post
Glad it works for you but please take care to close the application after using it otherwise the GPS will continue to run

The top-left corner cannot show it correctly because there is no icon for the new resolutions
Thank you! I closed it everytime after use.

About icons - if you need to make more icons the community may be able to help. For additional 4:3, 16:9 it should be 12MP and 9MP. This takes from the N8 resolution, N950 uses the same size of lens (2.8/28, 12MP) as N8, so this resolution should be reliable.

About 3:2 I think it should be around 10MP.

Will you consider add these to future build? I'm sure a lot N950 users will benefit from that.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Thank you! I closed it everytime after use.

About icons - if you need to make more icons the community may be able to help. For additional 4:3, 16:9 it should be 12MP and 9MP. This takes from the N8 resolution, N950 uses the same size of lens (2.8/28, 12MP) as N8, so this resolution should be reliable.

About 3:2 I think it should be around 10MP.

Will you consider add these to future build? I'm sure a lot N950 users will benefit from that.
It should be 3984x2992 for 4:3 12MP
3968x2224 for 16:9 (8.3 MP)
3984x2656 for 3:2 (10.6 MP)

I still need to find out the preview sizes because they are hw generated and their resolution have to be calculated. IIRC hardware resizer used by N9 can resize no more than 25% to 400% of a given resolution but the preview has to be as close as possible to screen size in order to be more efficient

I should create an N950 specific settings file, the deb package should detect the phone type and activate the needed file in its post install script but I haven't yet done this.

Of course anyone can create an editor for the configuration file that manipulates the resolutions and other settings. Should be easy

As for icons, I am sure our great community will help. It happened before I am just too shy to ask

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 73 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Philippines
Can you make geotagging not dependent on Mobile Connection? Because if you don't want to use 2G/3G, it will prompt you to connect still. Therefore the camera won't be usable except you choose not to geotag your photo. Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to Travz03 For This Useful Post:
Will you port this for n900 in the future? It seems the grade camera upgrade we are waiting for.

The Following User Says Thank You to hadjistyllis For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Travz03 View Post
Can you make geotagging not dependent on Mobile Connection? Because if you don't want to use 2G/3G, it will prompt you to connect still. Therefore the camera won't be usable except you choose not to geotag your photo. Thanks.
GPS itself is not dependent on your connection. Geotags are the part to be blamed here. Just disable it from settings.

There is no way to use geotags without connection. It's needed to "translate" the GPS coordinates to a location.

However, the connection dialog should not pop up continuously. Only once or twice.

Originally Posted by hadjistyllis View Post
Will you port this for n900 in the future? It seems the grade camera upgrade we are waiting for.
Unfortunately no. I have no plans to port it at all but anyone can do it easily. What you need is to get camerabin2 working for N900. That should at least allow the viewfinder to run

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
@Msameer

Is it possible to change .ini configuration to enable the camera shutter on N950? Or any other tricks to enable it? Sorry for not being patient, I'm so in love with this app. :P

The Following User Says Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
@Msameer

Is it possible to change .ini configuration to enable the camera shutter on N950? Or any other tricks to enable it? Sorry for not being patient, I'm so in love with this app. :P
What do you mean?

The Following User Says Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:

Tags
?where is nemo?, thank you!